My nominees:

Mullins 

Hays 

Diaz

DL Hall

Akin

Lowther

GrayRod

I hope in a year I can add some other names from the group of players who are already in our organization, including some of the guys we obtained in trades last month.    Especially some infielders.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Going Underground said:

Has Sisco faded off the grid?

It’s silly to write him off, but my gut instinct is he won’t be a big contributor to our next winning team.   I’d love for him to prove me wrong.   

o

I'm hoping Cobb and Cashner, especially Cobb, who we have signed through the 2021 season.

Of course, I'm hoping that we have the Cobb who (at least for the most part) pitches like he has in his last 6 outings, of which he has a 2.17 ERA and a 1.179 WHIP over 37.33 Innings Pitched.

o

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My nominees:

Mullins 

Hays 

Diaz

DL Hall

Akin

Lowther

GrayRod

I hope in a year I can add some other names from the group of players who are already in our organization, including some of the guys we obtained in trades last month.    Especially some infielders.

I'll add Tate and Encarnacion.  And on the watch list I like SS Cayden Grenier.  That's a reach for sure, but what isn't here.

I still think Mancini can be the 1B for that next winning team.   

You'd like to hope that Scott, Carroll, Araujo, and maybe Harvey could be part of the next strong bullpen.

Wynns may still be around even if he's a back up. Wilkerson could be the super utility guy going forward too.

16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm wondering where Ryan Ripken, Preston Palmeiro and Brandon Bolilla's names are.

Sorry, but they will already have played, gotten extensions and left before the next Renaissance/Reformation.  

It'll be interesting to see if any current Oriole can emerge as the centerpiece of a decent team.  I think the odds are against it, but I can envision a fine supporting cast for 2019 draft pick 1-1 or 1-2, and his 2020 counterpart.

While waiting on those guys, I suppose Hall and Rodriguez are the best bets.  Lowther and Akin feel steadier to me than guys with big upside, but teams need guys like them.

Like everyone since Bedard, it appears both Bundy and Gausman are falling short of the hopes we had for them given their pedigree, even if they avoided the Hobgood Pit of Worthlessness.

Archived