Instructional League Begins

weams

@DrShorebird reports

Games started today.

Brenan Hanifee started for Os.  Went 2 innings shutout ball  (photo coming)

Cody Sedlock pitched next

Jay Sandridge pitched 3rd.

Zach Jarrett hit 2-run HR to make it 4-2 (about 4th inning)

3B Jean Encarnacion had 2 slick fielding plays.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, weams said:

He’s listed on B.B.-ref as 6’5”, 180 lbs, but he looks much more solid than that to me.   His body reminds me a bit of Tillman’s.   Also, it looks like he’s finishing off a screwball in that picture.  

On 9/20/2018 at 8:00 PM, Frobby said:

He’s listed on B.B.-ref as 6’5”, 180 lbs, but he looks much more solid than that to me.   His body reminds me a bit of Tillman’s.   Also, it looks like he’s finishing off a screwball in that picture.  

Those numbers are always way off it seems, that's probably from the draft.

That pitch is the sinker, he really gets on top of it. 

Interesting bit of info from the Prospects Live report, they are trying Escarra in LF, apparently it looked like he has plenty of arm for it. He's pretty athletic and if he could be an average glove in a corner, he's worth keeping an eye on (fringe prospect). Obviously was really old for the level and should dominate (which he did), but from a scouting perspective, he looks like a guy with a chance to hit with some pop at any level.

48 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Interesting bit of info from the Prospects Live report, they are trying Escarra in LF, apparently it looked like he has plenty of arm for it. He's pretty athletic and if he could be an average glove in a corner, he's worth keeping an eye on (fringe prospect). Obviously was really old for the level and should dominate (which he did), but from a scouting perspective, he looks like a guy with a chance to hit with some pop at any level.

What do you think the game plan should be with him next year?   Start him at Delmarva but be ready to promote quickly if he gets off to a solid start?   He’ll be 24 next season and really needs to get moving.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What do you think the game plan should be with him next year?   Start him at Delmarva but be ready to promote quickly if he gets off to a solid start?   He’ll be 24 next season and really needs to get moving.

I'd skip him to Frederick, he was the top hitter in the NY/Penn league and if he can't handle A+ at 24, then I'd rather figure that out sooner rather than later. He looked like he belonged in a couple early looks when he was with Frederick, I know the numbers weren't there in a SSS, but he didn't look overmatched to me. 

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I'd skip him to Frederick, he was the top hitter in the NY/Penn league and if he can't handle A+ at 24, then I'd rather figure that out sooner rather than later. He looked like he belonged in a couple early looks when he was with Frederick, I know the numbers weren't there in a SSS, but he didn't look overmatched to me. 

What do you think they do with Curran?   Injuries kind of screwed up his season but I think he did enough to earn a promotion to Frederick.     But he and Escarra can’t both play 1B, which may be a reason Escarra is playing LF in instructs.  

Archived