John Means getting a chance

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Either is fine. Valera makes the most sense, but Susec can be cut at any time and if the team wasn't so thin on pitching, I'd DFa Phillips. They could also DL Cobb and put him on the 60-man.

Moot point now, but mentioned in today's Sun that Phillips is probably shut down for the rest of the season.  

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Moot point now, but mentioned in today's Sun that Phillips is probably shut down for the rest of the season.  

I'm not a fan of his stuff at the major league level. Everything is hard, but not that hard and I didn't see a plus pitch. Can't throw a 87 MPH slider as your offspeed to a 94 MPH fastball unless one of them has amazing late movement and he can command them with precision. I didn't see anything that makes me think they can't DFA him this offseason. I like Yacobonis and ever Meisinger way more.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not a fan of his stuff at the major league level. Everything is hard, but not that hard and I didn't see a plus pitch. Can't throw a 87 MPH slider as your offspeed to a 94 MPH fastball unless one of them has amazing late movement and he can command them with precision. I didn't see anything that makes me think they can't DFA him this offseason. I like Yacobonis and ever Meisinger way more.

Well, a bunch of guys will have to go in a week, right?   All the guys on the 60 day DL come back ontot he 40 and an equivalent # of guys must be cut.

4 hours ago, SteveA said:

Well, a bunch of guys will have to go in a week, right?   All the guys on the 60 day DL come back ontot he 40 and an equivalent # of guys must be cut.

No shortage of guys who can be removed:

Hart, Phillips, Gilmartin, Fry, Rickard, Peterson, Beckam, Andreoli, Corban Jospeh, Vielma and Susac could go in a heartbeat. I'd resign Gilmartin, Fry, Rickard, Andreoli and Vielma to minor league deals.

13 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Hart, Phillips, Gilmartin, Fry, Rickard, Peterson, Beckam, Andreoli, Corban Jospeh, Vielma and Susac could go in a heartbeat. I'd resign Gilmartin, Fry, Rickard, Andreoli and Vielma to minor league deals. 

I'd subtract Mike Wright, Caleb Joseph, plus Adam Jones of course via FA, before Beckham, Phillips, Fry, and Rickard.

13 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Almost like 5 card stud, when you get a bad hand, and just throw in the cards, and ask for 5 fresh ones. :):):)

8 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Almost like 5 card stud, when you get a bad hand, and just throw in the cards, and ask for 5 fresh ones. :):):)

Ha, it really is. though I'd probably keep Gilmartin after the way he's pitched this year. Can't hurt to have a controllable cheap lefty that can be stretched out.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Ha, it really is. though I'd probably keep Gilmartin after the way he's pitched this year. Can't hurt to have a controllable cheap lefty that can be stretched out.

Why does this time period feel so much worse than with Syd Thrift was here?

Was it because Social Media hadn't taken over the world yet?

Archived