Crasnick on DD, Buck, and the Angelos'

Greg Pappas

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Hallas said:

There was a plan.  The plan was "F 2018 and beyond, we're gonna try and win it all now."

That's a valid plan, I suppose.  The execution failed on two fronts though. (1: Didn't win it all, 2: Currently in contention for the worst team in the history of MLB.)  I wonder what people would think about the plan if we won the WS in 2014 instead of KC, though.

That IS a valid plan except that is not under any circumstance what we did in “going for it”. Now to be completely fair, you and I could agree that we were all in through 2018. And that window is closed. 

I am personally thrilled with the success even without a title in 2014 if I am being completely honest. I will not be as patient going forward though I hardly have any idea what that means. Sort of like wagging a finger at the kids saying if I have to take 12 more years of this.....

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Sounds like the Orioles way to me. I actually had a guy in the organization text me and ask me if I knew anything. No one knows anything. I sure hope he Angelos brothers have some big plan, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reminiscent of when Andy's contract was up and Peter's plan was to ask him to stay longer.

Archived