Crasnick on DD, Buck, and the Angelos'

Greg Pappas

2 hours ago, foxfield said:

I mean what are we supposed to do?  There has been no real plan for years. There were two paths forward from last years collapse and we took neither. 

We continue to passive aggressively flail. Fire the GM?  Fire the manager?  Extend them?  Well doing that requires thought and accountability to a process. 

Again, I am trying to remain patient and positive. I continue to believe that Monday we will hear from ownership. 

Well I hope so.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe John & Lou just want to keep the plans close to the vest until the season ends.  I think this is an overreaction.  However, if we still haven’t heard anything a week after the season has ended, then I’ll be pissed.  I just can’t imagine they haven’t decided yet what they are going to do.  I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove they don’t deserve it.  Peter is not capable of making the call at this point due to his health, so I have to believe John & Lou have a plan; they just don’t want it getting out in the media before the season ends out of respect for Buck (& possibly Dan as well).

3 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

OP left out the next part:

".  .  .  According to sources, the Angeloses do plan to fill the GM and manager positions at some point. They have been very busy with other pressing Oriole business, including comparing the sizes of their new offices in the Warehouse, making lists of ways to cut expenses (like having players with less than two years MLB service sew their own names on the backs of their uniforms) and avoid incurring new expenses (like paying bonuses to international free agents), lobbying politicians to rename Eutaw Street Angelos Alley, deciding what additional duties to assign to their pal Brady Anderson, re-acquiring Chris Tillman, and making sure they have firm policies that will avoid any communication from them about the team or any contact with Oriole fans."

Say hello to the new bosses, same as the old boss. Big surprise? :no: 

Just now, Obando said:

Or maybe John & Lou just want to keep the plans close to the vest until the season ends.  I think this is an overreaction.  However, if we still haven’t heard anything a week after the season has ended, then I’ll be pissed.  I just can’t imagine they haven’t decided yet what they are going to do.  I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove they don’t deserve it.  Peter is not capable of making the call at this point due to his health, so I have to believe John & Lou have a plan; they just don’t want it getting out in the media before the season ends out of respect for Buck (& possibly Dan as well).

You can keep it close to the vest and still let Buck and Dan know.

BTW I didn't say Peter was still in charge, just that it seemed that way.  What I was actually saying is that it appears the boys are going to operate in a similar manner.

2 minutes ago, Obando said:

Crasnick says they haven't spoken to Buck and Dan. That's a hell of a way to show their respect. These guys appear to be like their their dad, who respected only himself. 

11 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

OP left out the next part:

".  .  .  According to sources, the Angeloses do plan to fill the GM and manager positions at some point. They have been very busy with other pressing Oriole business, including comparing the sizes of their new offices in the Warehouse, making lists of ways to cut expenses (like having players with less than two years MLB service sew their own names on the backs of their uniforms) and avoid incurring new expenses (like paying bonuses to international free agents), lobbying politicians to rename Eutaw Street Angelos Alley, deciding what additional duties to assign to their pal Brady Anderson, re-acquiring Chris Tillman, and making sure they have firm policies that will avoid any communication from them about the team or any contact with Oriole fans."

Say hello to the new bosses, same as the old boss. Big surprise? :no: 

This executive front office has had very, very, very few leaks of any kind. 

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can keep it close to the vest and still let Buck and Dan know.

BTW I didn't say Peter was still in charge, just that it seemed that way.  What I was actually saying is that it appears the boys are going to operate in a similar manner.

They both have been acting and talking like one of them is staying and the other is not. Although, I suppose that could simply mean Dan really wants to say and Buck is more F it.

Archived