Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

21 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Wade Miley, the ace the O's have been looking for.  ?

2017 Miley was one of the only major league pitchers I think I could get a hit off of.  A lot of his pitches were home run contest worthy.  Of course he leaves the O's and is well above average right away.

Sad thing is they had two guys in the rotation that were even worse.  I would have much rather tried to get a hit off of 2017 Tillman.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Wade Miley, the ace the O's have been looking for.  ?

2017 Miley was one of the only major league pitchers I think I could get a hit off of.  A lot of his pitches were home run contest worthy.  Of course he leaves the O's and is well above average right away.

2017 Miley was a guy I think I could have drawn a lot of walks from. 

He's a different pitcher, whether because of his development of a cutter or better coaching or whatever.

In September 2017, Miley started 5 games and lasted just 20 1/3 innings, with a 9.74 ERA and 1.97 WHIP. If the September 2017 Miley had pitched like the October 2018 Miley, September would have been a little more fun, or a little less agonizing. 

2017 O’s lost something and clearly the 2018 never had it. But I still wonder what blew that clubhouse up. Maybe they just ran outta luck. Maybe it reached midnight and the horses turned back into mice. 

But seeing Miley, one has to wonder if he somehow stole the glass slipper and took it with him. 

23 minutes ago, foxfield said:

2017 O’s lost something and clearly the 2018 never had it. But I still wonder what blew that clubhouse up. Maybe they just ran outta luck. Maybe it reached midnight and the horses turned back into mice. 

But seeing Miley, one has to wonder if he somehow stole the glass slipper and took it with him. 

Chris Davis getting popped for the drugs?

On 10/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, OrioleDog said:

The Brewers coaches are going to have a job with Schoop's psyche this offseason - I think everyone on the team except him has been in some part of the two biggest games in forever in Milwaukee.

I don't think he'll get non-tendered because Moustakas is a full-on rental, Milwaukee is going to want to hold Hiura beyond next year's Super Two date in June, and in April/May Schoop should have access to the regular at-bats he needs to get going.  But I suspect he won't be part of the Brewers October 2019 plans either.

Going into this series I figured the Dodgers lefty starters would give him a shot, but man, being a DNP - Coach's Decision for Hernan Perez has got to sting.

Unless Schoop is secretly part of the plans and we don't know about it, which is possible since Moustakas is a free agent, he's going to cost a lot to keep around to not play every day.  Heck he'd probably cost too much to play every day even if he does stay.  

3 hours ago, foxfield said:

Not letting Britton pitch in the 2016 wildcard game.  

4 hours ago, foxfield said:

Adam Jones stopped being a clubhouse leader.

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Miley is an example of a guy that needed to come up with something new to get outs and did. We were out of contention last year so he spent the rest of the season working on his cutter/slider. 

Remember there was talk of the FO wanting to re-sign Miley. Instead we brought back Tillman instead. 

It would be interesting to know what the team thought of him. We let him stink up the joint in 2017 while working on his pitches. If they watched him and thought he wouldn't be able to figure it out, well, that's baseball. But if they saw something there and then didn't get the guy signed to a minor league deal because of front office/managerial in-fighting or something else (preferring Chris Tillman?), that would be pretty stupid.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I've been around long enough to know I was wasting my time posting this in a thread in the MLB section.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've been around long enough to know I was wasting my time posting this in a thread in the MLB section.

I just came here to post it, saw it twice.  Knew the crowd here would love it.  I don't care, I love Manny and at least he doesn't defend it.  Pretty awful to do it in such an important game but also when youre an all time great ? you're calm and collected regardless of importance ?.