Buck Showalter will not be back with the team in any capacity

MurphDogg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

You have to give the Orioles props for making this decision. I realize that most MLB teams would have let him go during the season. However, the Orioles ultimately did what they needed to do. Buck should be grateful that he had the whole season to manage the team.

Seriously? Grateful to manage a 115 loss team as a lame duck manager? I disagree.

Definitely great for Buck that hes moving on, and ultimately good for the team.  However what a disappointment it will be if we bring in Bordick.  WTF.  Why cant we just be a normal team and have a competent rebuild.  Nuts.  

I agree that the decision to let Buck finish out the season was probably made out of respect to him.  Or complete paralysis because of the total and absolute leadership vacuum in the warehouse.   But I'm feeling a little charitable today for some reason.

6 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Don't you find being fired embarrassing? The Orioles were extremely loyal to Buck and he should be grateful. Buck even said it himself that the Orioles have treated him very well.

His contract was up. He either didn't accept, or wasn't offered, a different position in the organization. They were so loyal to Buck, they let him ride the whole season.

Archived