Buck Showalter will not be back with the team in any capacity

MurphDogg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

As has been reported here also, it went downhill after 2016...

One will never know what would happen had he used Britton, perhaps they still lose, or perhaps they would win, catch lightning in a bottle and go all he way to the WS. I would sure love to have known which one.

It must have been more than that for him to lose the clubhouse the way he did. I think the Davis signing probably had a lot do with it. 

48 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Thank you Buck.

Get ready for 3 years of maximum suckage. It’s the right thing to do but not going to be enjoyable to watch. Just focus on how good the Astros are (assuming we beef up scouting, Fire Brady & get involved internationally).

My feelings precisely. 

3 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Anything to get him out of the broadcast booth. Name hunter as his bench coach.

I prefer Gary Thorne as bench coach.  Jim Palmer would be pitching coach.  Eddie Murray is the hitting coach.  Rick Dempsey is bullpen catcher and bullpen pitching coach.  Going out on a limb here, Felix Pie as 3rd base coach.  The coaching staff would be more interesting than the play on the field.

8 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I prefer Gary Thorne as bench coach.  Jim Palmer would be pitching coach.  Eddie Murray is the hitting coach.  Rick Dempsey is bullpen catcher and bullpen pitching coach.  Going out on a limb here, Felix Pie as 3rd base coach.  The coaching staff would be more interesting than the play on the field.

I'm happy with Thorne and Palmer in the booth.

Man, was looking at my orange "Buckle Up" towel from the 2012 playoffs. We had some good times...

The next manager will be a sacrificial lamb. It will be a miracle to find someone who can survive a rebuild. So, yeah, Bordick - sure, whatevs. 

This is the right call. And I don't believe Buck was the right person top elevate to the front office to rebuild this team either. He's made too many questionable moves in relation to the evaluation of talent over the years for me to put my faith in him. Appreciate everything he's done for the franchise, but it's time to move on and hit the reset button. 

Not sure if anyone saw Buster Olney's tweet, but he implied that the Marlins should hire Buck (in their front office) to help rebuild their franchise. I just don't see it. It'd be really hard for me to put my faith in someone who backed Chris Davis and Chris Tillman. And the whole handling of the Kim situation still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

1 hour ago, MikeAD said:

Definitely great for Buck that hes moving on, and ultimately good for the team.  However what a disappointment it will be if we bring in Bordick.  WTF.  Why cant we just be a normal team and have a competent rebuild.  Nuts.  

Good question. 

Archived