The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The international market talk was all BS. Dan isn't here to blame anymore. The problem is still where it's always been...Peter Angelos. I'm not going to say what I'm thinking...but this team needs to be owned by someone other than an Angelos...however that is.  Hopefully MLB won't continue to allow this joke of an ownership continue to make a mockery of what used to be a proud franchise and a very good fan base. 

My last string of hope I'm holding onto is that the Angelos family is setting the team up to be sold...thats all I have left to hold onto when it comes to the Orioles. 

This idea that the should spend the whole $6 million on VVM is also crazy. He was predicted to get around 3-4 million. Only on other player got above 3 mil. Giving this guy another 2 million and almost double what most other guy in his range got is the wrong way to make their presence felt in the Int'l market.

Just now, badmamajama said:

This idea that the should spend the whole $6 million on VVM is also crazy. He was predicted to get around 3-4 million. Only on other player got above 3 mil. Giving this guy another 2 million and almost double what most other guy in his range got is the wrong way to make their presence felt in the Int'l market.

So is just eating 6M in slot money after you made two trades to acquire additional slots.

At least this way you get a player that might eventually help the team.

Six million isn't exactly a lot of money.  Look at what folks like Diaz got.

If I were trying to get the most money and knew the Orioles were the only team capable of upping the offer, I would be wearing a Marlins jersey and making O’s fans wring their hands in fear. Negotiations 101.

I have no idea what will happen but won’t panic because of the leverage game.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So is just eating 6M in slot money after you made two trades to acquire additional slots.

At least this way you get a player that might eventually help the team.

Six million isn't exactly a lot of money.  Look at what folks like Diaz got.

But some on here lose their mind over 3 million.

30 minutes ago, badmamajama said:

VVM is considered the best Intl prospect. He was going to get a nice bonus. The Orioles have to overpay a little because they have zero presence in the International market. 

An even worse way to go about it is to trade valuable commodities for International bonus money you don't even use. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

Sandy already had signed with Miami.  He just got popped for PEDS and they withdrew.  I assume he signed for less than the 2 million they were giving him before. 

Are you scooping this? I can't find a single article anywhere saying he's signed with anyone.

Archived