Which of the 2012-16 Orioles would you put in the Orioles HOF?

Frobby

Which of the 2012-16 Orioles should get into the Orioles HOF?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes into the Orioles HOF?

I chose Markakis and Jones, but my longevity criteria is more strict than that of the selection committee(s).

Here's the list of current members:
https://www.mlb.com/orioles/history/orioles-hall-of-fame

My longevity cutoff is 5 years (including parts thereof) with the Orioles, so there's a few on the list that I would not have selected:
Jim Gentile
Gene Woodling
Roberto Alomar

P.S. Johnny Oates makes it by combining his player and manager years.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wildcard said:

If Brian Roberts deserves to be in the Orioles HOF why doesn't Jonathan Schoop?  Roberts never played in a playoff game with the Orioles.  He was an All Star.  Jonathan played in the 2014 and 2016 playoff with the O's and he was a All-Star with the O's in 2017.

Roberts was a much better player, and played here much longer.   Not his fault that the team around him sucked.   

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Schoop was with the Orioles as long as Surhoff and Schoop has home grown.

False.    Surhoff played 8 seasons here and played in 1001 games here.    Schoop was here 5 years and 635 games.    Surhoff had 17.7 rWAR for the O’s to Schoop’s 11.5.

2 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Roberts was Mr. Oriole and the only decent to above average player on the team for a long stretch of time (13 years), not to mention a fan favorite.

No offense to Schoop but he hasn’t had half the career Roberts had, and as far as I can tell, won’t do any more on this team.

Jon did not get caught using steroids. 

4 hours ago, AZRon said:

I chose Markakis and Jones, but my longevity criteria is more strict than that of the selection committee(s).

Here's the list of current members:
https://www.mlb.com/orioles/history/orioles-hall-of-fame

My longevity cutoff is 5 years (including parts thereof) with the Orioles, so there's a few on the list that I would not have selected:
Jim Gentile
Gene Woodling
Roberto Alomar

P.S. Johnny Oates makes it by combining his player and manager years.

If Cal Ripken SR is in the Orioles HoF I am not sure who would be left out.  

21 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Hardy I was conflicted about because he’s my favorite Oriole. He was certainly here for awhile but I never felt that he was a fan favorite or carried the team or lead the clubhouse. Solid defender. Did a great deal of damage in a Brewers uniform (but that never stopped Frank I suppose).

I very much disagree on this. Hardy was certainly a fan favorite, even after he stopped being productive (don't forget the "J! J! Hardy!" chants every time he batted). And he was absolutely a clubhouse leader. It seems like every week we'd see an interview with an infielder or a young player talking about how important Hardy was in mentoring them. Plenty of Orioles talked about how he had all the makings of a future manager.

I also think you're selling him short in calling him a "solid" defender. He was quite a bit better than solid for most of his career. He won three Gold Gloves as an Oriole, and they were all deserving.

Hardy is a stone-cold lock for the Orioles HOF. What possible argument is there against Hardy when Mike Bordick is in the Orioles HOF?

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

False.    Surhoff played 8 seasons here and played in 1001 games here.    Schoop was here 5 years and 635 games.    Surhoff had 17.7 rWAR for the O’s to Schoop’s 11.5.

Schoop is probably more comparable to Bordick.  Maybe if Schoop starts doing the TV broadcasts he can get in.

Archived