I STILL Love Adam Jones

mdbdotcom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too. And according to Mark Viviano most of Baltimore does too. 

Adam Jones Orioles highlight reel showed on big screen at Ravens game during time out. Jones here at game with his family- gets another big ovation from the Baltimore fans. They love the man @SimplyAJ10

Just now, andrewochs615 said:

To be fair we have no RF and if we are going to go outside the organization to get some filler, which must likely will, especially for RF why not get Jones 

1. How do they not have a RF?
  2. Jones has no trade protection if he signs with the O's.
  3. He'd cost more than whatever filler option they pick.

30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Stop it with your logic, my heart wants Jonesy back too!     But yea, we have plenty of young outfielders.   Still going to miss the bubble blowing son of a gun a lot.    

1 minute ago, murph said:

Stop it with your logic, my heart wants Jonesy back too!     But yea, we have plenty of young outfielders.   Still going to miss the bubble blowing son of a gun a lot.    

Unless he finds the Fountain of Youth and converts back to shortstop - yeah, no logic really adds up to bring Jones back. I hope he signs with a team where he can play some meaningful baseball to close out his career.

48 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I may be wrong on this - if so, please correct me - but once AJ became a free agent, doesn't the "5 year" part of the 10/5 no-trade protection reset back to zero if he were to come back, and he would no longer have the automatic no-trade protection?

Like the others, my heart would love to have AJ back - but my head knows that the team needs to be looking at OFs of the future, not OFs of the past.

16 minutes ago, Dr Dave said:

I may be wrong on this - if so, please correct me - but once AJ became a free agent, doesn't the "5 year" part of the 10/5 no-trade protection reset back to zero if he were to come back, and he would no longer have the automatic no-trade protection?

Like the others, my heart would love to have AJ back - but my head knows that the team needs to be looking at OFs of the future, not OFs of the past.

It would seem to me that the 5 consecutive years requirement would end with free agency. 

29 minutes ago, Dr Dave said:

I've never seen a ruling but if he is never under contract with another team I don't see why it wouldn't continue to apply.

2018 and 2019 are consecutive years.

Archived