I STILL Love Adam Jones

mdbdotcom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Dr Dave said:

I may be wrong on this - if so, please correct me - but once AJ became a free agent, doesn't the "5 year" part of the 10/5 no-trade protection reset back to zero if he were to come back, and he would no longer have the automatic no-trade protection?

10 Years in the Lague with Five or more with the same club is the wording.  He would fall under that umbrella if re-signed.

It was great seeing AJ at todays game with his family.  He appeared to really enjoy the fans reaction to seeing him today.  He's been at games before and always gets a favorable reaction from the fans when they show him on the jumbo screens.  His popularity with the fans will never change.  I still think he would make a good manager someday. or coach within the organization. Big change in pay but he has to be set for life financially. Especially after making $17 million this past season.  After taxes I doubt any of us would ever run out of money if we received that salary for one year.. His career earnings are around $98 million to date. AJ is not hurting for money. Hopefully !

5 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

As reported by Roch, AJ's tailgate today raised $125k for the Boys and Girls Club of Baltimore and the Living Classroom Foundation.

Athletes like Adam don't come along every day. I know the O's need for him to move on, but I'll miss him.

I look up to Adam Jones on many fronts. God bless him and what he has meant to this team, city and baseball.. And to his outspoken distractions..we’ll you know I feel about you.

15 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

As reported by Roch, AJ's tailgate today raised $125k for the Boys and Girls Club of Baltimore and the Living Classroom Foundation.

Athletes like Adam don't come along every day. I know the O's need for him to move on, but I'll miss him.

What he did on Sunday  was worth more than a top 40 prospect the Phillies were going to give us. 

15 hours ago, andrewochs615 said:

To be fair we have no RF and if we are going to go outside the organization to get some filler, which must likely will, especially for RF why not get Jones 

The list of reasons not to sign Jones is so long the internet can't hold it. 

13 hours ago, bobmc said:

I didn't see any emoji so I will throw out Colby Rasmus as an example.

Point taken. Still, only 2-3% of the team's annual payroll. Not a difference maker at all. Tillman was even worse, but they were only bad relative to what could have been done with $3M. Still pocket change in the grand scheme, and no long term obligation.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Point taken. Still, only 2-3% of the team's annual payroll. Not a difference maker at all. Tillman was even worse, but they were only bad relative to what could have been done with $3M. Still pocket change in the grand scheme, and no long term obligation.

But as @Can_of_corn has said about the Rule 5'ers, this "chump change" is now scouting/analytic payroll money and (my take) payoffs/processing fees to the buscones.  Every little bit helps!

18 hours ago, andrewochs615 said:

To be fair we have no RF and if we are going to go outside the organization to get some filler, which must likely will, especially for RF why not get Jones 

I like AJ. He has been a great Oriole. But I think he has played his last good game. I'm sorry but I don't think he can cut it anymore. He is 34 or so. 

Archived