Hyde: New O’s Manager

Rene88

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hate to be the adult here and get the conversation back on track but do you guys have anyone you'd like to see on Hyde's staff?

Great question. I’d like to see someone from Tampa’s organization on pitching. They always even when their record isn’t great have solid starting pitching. For hitting perhaps someone from Boston. Names are tough. I’m interested in see who he hires though. I think he should go with an older type as his bench coach who has managed before perhaps but as he said, it’s not about a certain type of coach  but more so people who like teaching baseball so he’ll have some guys who have been coaches or maybe even managers before and others just starting out. 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, weams said:

I am on record as saying it does not matter. You could do either supplied with the correct data.

Gotta respectfully disagree. I think a good assistant coach goes a long way. Dunno. I just remember the difference between the 1996 O’s staff with Dobson as P.C. and 97 with Miller. And I don’t think those staffs were that different talent wise. Biggest difference I recall was Wells in 96 and Key in 97 but Mussina and Erickson and the core of the pen: Mills, Rhodes, Myers, & Benitez we’re there in both years.

49 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Got young pitchers and hitters coming up, the right coaches need to be in place.

Got young infielders so maybe Bobby Dickerson back?

Idk, I'm a total homer.

Hyde himself is prolly your catcher coach.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

His music game is weak tho.

My music game is extremely weak.   I basically stopped listening to new music in the mid-80’s, with a few exceptions that my kids introduced to me.    Name a great group that was in its prime between 1985-2000 and chances are I’ve never heard of them, or at least, couldn’t name any of their songs.    

11 hours ago, weams said:

Signed today with the New York Yanks, special advisor in charge of securing Manny Machado. 

Yep. Manny will be in pinstripes. Harper to Chicago (my take) or Philly just because Philly is wreckless and wants to overpay for anyone with a pulse. Heck, they gave Tommy Hunter (who I like) 2 years, $18 million. Morons. 

7 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Yep. Manny will be in pinstripes. Harper to Chicago (my take) or Philly just because Philly is wreckless and wants to overpay for anyone with a pulse. Heck, they gave Tommy Hunter (who I like) 2 years, $18 million. Morons. 

I think Manny ends up in Chicago or Philly.

Not sure you can call Andy M. a moron, just saying.

Archived