Teams are asking about Bundy

byrdz

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Better than either, I hope.   I still believe in him.   Hopefully this is the year he breaks out.   

If they keep him and he is like either of those seasons it will be unfortunate. But at least not the career ending injury yet. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Amen, friendly debate is always good to engage in.

Heck, I am old school, and the only time I agree with my dad and grandfather on MLB, was when we all said the DH only in AL, was the dumbest idea ever. LOL

You are wrong my friend.

No, not this time.  This time it is I.

I am wr...

I am wroooo

I am wrong.

PS:

This public service announcement is brought to you by the better cans of corn society.  Remember, it's ok to be wrong.  We are.

6 hours ago, murph said:

Disagree on having the DH in the NL?  You want to see pitchers hit and would prefer to have the DH removed from the AL?  Honestly curious. 

I don’t want to see a DH in the NL.  I wouldn’t mind seeing AL pitchers hit, but don’t feel strongly about it.  I know a lot of people hate pitchers hitting.

3 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

I don’t want to see a DH in the NL.  I wouldn’t mind seeing AL pitchers hit, but don’t feel strongly about it.  I know a lot of people hate pitchers hitting.

I used to like the strategy portion of the NL game and the pitchers sometimes winning out, but now pitching is just so valuable, the risk is almost laughable in my opinion.  I am a little surprised the union has not pushed for a change to protect the pitchers.  

11 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

Hope for Bundy is in the spin. He’s been top 10 in the mlb for most of his career, or so I’ve read. 

The king of spin and added velocity, you’ll all enjoy this:

Good post. Was not aware that Bundy was in top 10 for spin rate either. Hopefully Hyde and Elias can make a Homerun hire at Pitching Coach and we see what these guys can do. 

I think if Bundy cuts back on throwing his fb and increases his slider/cutter and mixes other pitches with that he will be much improved but if he continues throwing that fat meatball that has very little movement up there at 92-93 we will continue to see the ball leave the yard at an alarming rate. Bundy’s fastball I believe has always been flat but he could get away with early in his career especially in the minors with such high volicity but flat and the decrease in velocity has been a disaster for him. His slider/cutter is his best pitch and imo one of the better ones in the game and should be thrown a lot more. If his arm can’t withstand throwing that pitch a lot more as a starter then he needs to be moved to the pen. As good as that pitch is he could be a great closer.

Archived