House released! (Headed To Boston?)

Frobby

Yeah, but let's be honest, how many times does a Jack Cust happen? I see your point, but what are the chances of House ending up like that?

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Knott packing his bags, too.

I guess my official stance is that I'm just too tired of **** like this happening to care.

Hitting for a 1.000 OPS very slim...catching onto another team and being a productive member? Very very good...the guy is a pure athlete and has excelled at everything he has done. Injury has set him back he shows he is healthy and leading our AAA team in hitting.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
90% sure this move is stupid, but I'd love for Tony to go to Stockstill or whoever and get a full explanantion, otherwise we'll never know.

We know what the explanation is Frobby...Why do you need someone to tell you.

Here it is for you, so you don't lose sleep:

1) Didn't think he was a catcher.

2) Had enough DH/first base types

That is about it.

In the eyes of the Orioles, he had no place on this team.

Wait, where are the people to say this is no big loss and no big deal?:rolleyes:

It probably is no big loss since he was likely never going to be called up. And even if he was called up, probably wouldn't be anything special. I do agree it's stupid though.

I think there's one misconception here, House ain't a catcher. Or should I say he shouldn't be catching at the ML level. I'd love to have his bat here, but he'd be in the mix with Millar, Huff and Gibby and, frankly, probably wouldn't do any better than those guys the rest of the way.

Is it a possiblity he may want to go back to playing football again? He didn't see where the O's were doing anything to help him, and he wanted to go back to WVU or the Arena Football League and take a shot there?

Well if it is true that he cant throw a ball to second base then I am sure he cant throw a football to far!

We know what the explanation is Frobby...Why do you need someone to tell you.

Here it is for you, so you don't lose sleep:

1) Didn't think he was a catcher.

2) Had enough DH/first base types

That is about it.

In the eyes of the Orioles, he had no place on this team.

And you seem pretty sure they are wrong -- but how do you know?

Anyway I look forward to hearing more about this to see if it's anything more than what you say. Considering that the trade deadline is a month away and the O's could try to dump some of their 1B/DH types, the timing seems odd to me.

I think there's one misconception here, House ain't a catcher. Or should I say he shouldn't be catching at the ML level. I'd love to have his bat here, but he'd be in the mix with Millar, Huff and Gibby and, frankly, probably wouldn't do any better than those guys the rest of the way.

"House aint a catcher" well if House aint a catcher then what the heck is Bako?

Anyway I look forward to hearing more about this to see if it's anything more than what you say. Considering that the trade deadline is a month away and the O's could try to dump some of their 1B/DH types, the timing seems odd to me.

I would think House had value as an added piece to a trade also...although so did Williamson so what the heck am I thinking! :rolleyes:

His MiL numbers tell you he could contribute up here.

I know that Bako is a terrible defensive catcher and brings nothing to the table as a MLer.

I know that House has offensive capabilities on a team that can't hit worth a damn.

I also know that the Orioles routinely make stupid decision after stupid decision so, in all likelihood, they are wrong here as well. Hell, that is just going with the percentages.

So yea, i am pretty sure about this one.

Well if it is true that he cant throw a ball to second base then I am sure he cant throw a football to far!

I dont think throwing is the problem. There is more to the position than prevention of stolen bases.

He actually is one hell of a quarterback, and until two years ago, held almost every West Virginia and some national records for a quarterback. Out of little ol' Nitro High School in Nitro, West By God, he is one hell of a quarterback who could have been a Weinke-esque backup if he had stayed in school last year.

Archived