And you think the Orioles are tough to the fanbase...

weams

5 hours ago, scOtt said:

It's not the Marlins as an entity, it's Loria. Look at the shady crap he pulled with the Spos to begin the Marlins. IIRC he bought Montreal, stole their books and scouts and everything and then got the Miami franchise. He makes mob bosses look like angels.

And this is the guy (Loria) that Peter Angelos kept from buying the Orioles and moving them.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:29 AM, Moose Milligan said:

They have two World Series titles since their inception.  I don't wanna hear any whining from Marlins fans.

I don't particularly care about Marlins fans any more than I care about any other fanbase.  But the idea that all sins are absolved by a couple of shopping spree/firesale championships 15+ years ago seems a little wacky.  The Marlins are a 37-year-old dude living in a tacky, empty McMansion constantly talking about his high school football glories.  If that's better than the Orioles, so be it.

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I don't particularly care about Marlins fans any more than I care about any other fanbase.  But the idea that all sins are absolved by a couple of shopping spree/firesale championships 15+ years ago seems a little wacky.  The Marlins are a 37-year-old dude living in a tacky, empty McMansion constantly talking about his high school football glories.  If that's better than the Orioles, so be it.

If that's the Marlins, then the Orioles are an overweight, 53 year old woman at a bar in Canton wearing a mini skirt and a tank top and acting like she's still got it.  

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If that's the Marlins, then the Orioles are an overweight, 53 year old woman at a bar in Canton wearing a mini skirt and a tank top and acting like she's still got it.  

There's gotta be an example somewhere of that woman getting a new job, starting to run 10Ks, quitting the Camels and the Shaefer Light, dumping that no-good Chris Da... husband, and getting her life back in order by 60.  Right?!

Archived