Media and Sig Read This (Warning, it's about Chris Davis)

weams

Chris Davis. Your Sarasota Camp is open. Have him come work out. Media. Ask them and Davis why not it not. Every time. 

He has a really big contract that he certainly has to show effort to fulfill.

Make that the issue. Show effort.  Not talk effort and then be contradicted by your coaches. 

Thanks. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ashame as an employer, thwy can't make Davis do off-season programs. He is under contract and not living up to the huge commitment the Orioles gave him. 

In the real world, employers can make you further training or what-not if you are lacking...otherwise it's insubordination and you're let go.

12 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

It's ashame as an employer, thwy can't make Davis do off-season programs. He is under contract and not living up to the huge commitment the Orioles gave him. 

In the real world, employers can make you further training or what-not if you are lacking...otherwise it's insubordination and you're let go.

I hate that he hides away. 

14 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

1 minute ago, weams said:

I hate that he hides away. 

Honestly, I think this is a lot of piling on.    We have no idea how hard Davis is working this winter, or how much he is in communication with the team about what he’s doing.    For all we know, he’s working his butt off and in regular communication with the team.   It’s not like we have tons of information about what all the other players are doing this winter, except for the smattering of information about a handful of guys who choose Sarasota for their offseason spot.    Tillman worked out there all last winter — woo hoo!

Just now, Frobby said:

Honestly, I think this is a lot of piling on.    We have no idea how hard Davis is working this winter, or how much he is in communication with the team about what he’s doing.    For all we know, he’s working his butt off and in regular communication with the team.   It’s not like we have tons of information about what all the other players are doing this winter, except for the smattering of information about a handful of guys who choose Sarasota for their offseason spot.    Tillman worked out there all last winter — woo hoo!

Sure. I think it is valid concern. Other players have not fallen off a cliff with this much remaining on a contract. Plenty of folks were as concerned about Brian Roberts tiny contract. 

Just now, weams said:

Sure. I think it is valid concern. Other players have not fallen off a cliff with this much remaining on a contract. Plenty of folks were as concerned about Brian Roberts tiny contract. 

Here is what I see: any player starts getting hurt or suffering a decline in performance, and the character assassination begins.   (Not referring to you here, but in general.)

I’m not assuming anything about how hard Davis is working this offseason, and I don’t care at all whether he works out in Sarasota or, like most of his teammates, somewhere else.    I do care that the team should be aware of what he’s doing and be satisfied with it.   We have zero information about that, but I see no reason to assume the worst.    

35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We know Davis lied about working out with Coolbaugh in the past. And Tillman had an injury that led to his downfall. Do you think Davis has a physical issue causing his problems? Other-side I don't see the connection to Tillman.

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

We know Davis lied about working out with Coolbaugh in the past. And Tillman had an injury that led to his downfall. Do you think Davis has a physical issue causing his problems? Other-side I don't see the connection to Tillman.

1.   I don’t want to revisit the entire Coolbaugh thing, but I think it’s more muddled than some people recall it.  In any event, that doesn’t tell me much about how hard Davis is working this offseason.   

2.  Just pointing out that choosing Sarasota as one’s workout spot doesn’t mean any extra chance of success for that player.    

36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Here is what I see: any player starts getting hurt or suffering a decline in performance, and the character assassination begins.   (Not referring to you here, but in general.)

I’m not assuming anything about how hard Davis is working this offseason, and I don’t care at all whether he works out in Sarasota or, like most of his teammates, somewhere else.    I do care that the team should be aware of what he’s doing and be satisfied with it.   We have zero information about that, but I see no reason to assume the worst.    

Oh, I'm absolutely a guy who turns his back on someone he has previously supported when confronted with facts. I always believed in Chris Tillman to the end and you will never find a post I've made complaining about Adam Jones. Even as a PED user, I always supported Nelson Cruz. Even during his 90 days of .154 batting. 

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

1.   I don’t want to revisit the entire Coolbaugh thing, but I think it’s more muddled than some people recall it.  In any event, that doesn’t tell me much about how hard Davis is working this offseason.   

2.  Just pointing out that choosing Sarasota as one’s workout spot doesn’t mean any extra chance of success for that player.    

Jim Palmer obviously heard things from more than just Cooly. 

53 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You're correct. It's just that the Coolbaugh incident has lessened Davis getting the benefit of a doubt. I hope Davis has a monster year. I still like Davis. He and his wife do alot of good in the community.

Archived