Orioles announce Non Roster Invites

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

All I know is this is gonna be a looooooooooooong season...maybe worse than last year...and unwatchable.

Even the Mets won 11 more games the next season after '62.  The only comparative case I can think of is the '16 Athletics doing seven games worse than the '15 Athletics.  While not mathematically impossible, the odds of the Orioles winning less than 47 games this season are one of the only things that are in their favor going into the season.

2 minutes ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

Even the Mets won 11 more games the next season after '62.  The only comparative case I can think of is the '16 Athletics doing seven games worse than the '15 Athletics.  While not mathematically impossible, the odds of the Orioles winning less than 47 games this season are one of the only things that are in their favor going into the season.

If we play some young guys and our pitchers are working on things Elias has introduced — it will be much more entertaining a season for me. Hays gets little mention after a down season, but I remain excited about him, he may still prove to be the best of our youngsters. 

Incidentally, I need to find a book offering odds on Bundy for Cy Young, the Elias bump should have him in the top 1.

Archived