2019 Season

Diehard_O's_Fan

The 2019 Baltimore Orioles may not win a lot of baseball games but there is going to be a lot of positive things happening none the less. I hope you guys can see the bigger picture rather than dwelling on the Orioles bad wins and loss record. We Oriole fans endured 14 years of losing. Handling another year of losing should not be that difficult. The Orioles endured 14 years of losing in large part due to a lack of planning being put in place. The Orioles now have some of baseball's brightest minds running the team and implementing their plan. I take huge comfort in knowing this. Losing makes winning so much sweeter. When the Orioles start winning again, we Oriole fans will appreciate it so much more due to all the losing seasons we endured. Thoughts?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

We Oriole fans endured 14 years of losing. Handling another year of losing should not be that difficult. The Orioles endured 14 years of losing in large part due to a lack of planning being put in place. ... Thoughts?

We can do six years standin' on our heads.  We're win camels.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

23 win improvement gets Hyde MOY votes right?

I dunno, I think you gotta be at .500 or better to get that.  

2019 will be tough to watch from a win/loss perspective but it'll be easier to take knowing that going in.  I'm just looking to see what happens with the young players and how Elias operates throughout the season.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I dunno, I think you gotta be at .500 or better to get that.  

2019 will be tough to watch from a win/loss perspective but it'll be easier to take knowing that going in.  I'm just looking to see what happens with the young players and how Elias operates throughout the season.

I said votes not actually winning the thing.

A 23 game turn around would be amazing, and not very likely.  I'll be satisfied if they don't lose 100.

I'm fine with latching onto the little things (other than winning) these next few years. For 2019 that would be hoping we see Diaz and Hays patrolling the OF sooner rather than later. And Davis relegated to the far end of the bench if he still isn't performing after a few months. I mean honestly, aside from losing some team control wouldn't we be better off playing Mountcastle at 1B to find out if his bat plays at the MLB level? If they don't think he'll stick at 3B then why not? 

47 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I said votes not actually winning the thing.

A 23 game turn around would be amazing, and not very likely.  I'll be satisfied if they don't lose 100.

I’m not too focused on the win total.    I want to see players emerging who I can envision being  contributors to our next winning team.    And I’d like to see a team that hustles and plays smart baseball.    

Archived