2019 Season

Diehard_O's_Fan

Something I just thought of and not looking forward to is hearing "Fenway South" more often and a sea of red and blue out cheering the home crowd, ugh.

I am looking forward to the Orioles coming out to SD this year though. I'll be going see them with all my gear no matter how bad they are.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can just about forget everything we thought we knew about this team.  I think every player will look different out there, or they will not be back or part of the future anyway.  

There will be different learning curves, and new leaders in the clubhouse, and they will all RUN everywhere.  

I cant wait.

4 hours ago, AceKing said:

I think we can just about forget everything we thought we knew about this team.  I think every player will look different out there, or they will not be back or part of the future anyway.  

There will be different learning curves, and new leaders in the clubhouse, and they will all RUN everywhere.  

I cant wait.

Run? You mean hustle or base stealing? Because I've not heard any of the new leaders advocating that.

17 minutes ago, weams said:

Run? You mean hustle or base stealing? Because I've not heard any of the new leaders advocating that.

I DO want to see big Mark, and to a lesser extent a "skinny" #19, RUN to first even when he hits one out!  If not, he gone!  ⚾

8 hours ago, byrdz said:

Something I just thought of and not looking forward to is hearing "Fenway South" more often and a sea of red and blue out cheering the home crowd, ugh.

I am looking forward to the Orioles coming out to SD this year though. I'll be going see them with all my gear no matter how bad they are.

Wear your AJ or Manny jersey 'cause they will be "Pad's"!

19 minutes ago, weams said:

I'm guessing hustle, not base stealing.  But I wouldn't guarantee 125% effort 125% of the time.  It's going to be a pretty hot August, 36 games out of first, watching Andrew Cashner give up six in three.  Would you Billy Ripken it into first when you're out by 11 steps?

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I'm guessing hustle, not base stealing.  But I wouldn't guarantee 125% effort 125% of the time.  It's going to be a pretty hot August, 36 games out of first, watching Andrew Cashner give up six in three.  Would you Billy Ripken it into first when you're out by 11 steps?

To answer the question, absolutely,  if my man Brandon is standing at the top of the dugout steps.

The "uber-fit" Bundy got hurt "hustling" from first to third on a someone's double last year and was "broken" for remainder of season.  Lost command, velo, etc.  Can we get one of these lumbering beasts to do the same this year?  Mark's knee will explode!

2 hours ago, weams said:

I think they have. I believe Hyde said his job as coach was to get the guys ready to play and complete every night.

While he didnt say the word hustle. To me its implied.

2 hours ago, weams said:

Hyde was emphatic on running hard, in one quote I saw... Said it was what he was all about. 

26 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think they have. I believe Hyde said his job as coach was to get the guys ready to play and complete every night.

While he didnt say the word hustle. To me its implied.

Meant I had not heard base stealing. Poor linguistics. 

Archived