Roll Tide

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would the cards do:

Sherrill and Roberts

for

Rasmus, Reyes, Perez and Garcia.

We would load up in pitching, complete our OF and address our MI through FA.

Not sure the Cards would do it though.

On the flip side ... Do you think Mcphail would make this deal?

On the flip side ... Do you think Mcphail would make this deal?

I think he would. He could sort out all the pitching and really have a great staff for 2010-2015. Plus, Wieters will be catching.

He has OF set for 5-10 years.

Tex is a must in the offseason.

Luke Scott/Aubrey Huff could be traded for MI prospects.

ODog and OCab are also FA. They could be signed to 2011-12.

I think he would.

Is this true? I cannot find this info anywhere.

They don't know for sure, but a post on this forum by his dad says that Rasmus possibly tore it.

I'm not sure what the game announcers said. Colby said the doctor said it was something to do with the MCL, he wasn't sure until they do an MRI.

I was watching and they way he went down just didn't look good, I felt he tore something by his reaction. He said it felt ok when he was walking up the stairs in the clubhouse but that reaction at the plate and him feeling a pop doesn't scream strain but you never know.

Until the MRI we're just guessing.

An MCL tear is better than an ACL tear though. Rasmus should be able to recover from this and it shouldn't stop any trade.

Im sorry, but i just dont agree and neither do most scouts. Rasmus is right there with Bruce. Bruce may be a little above him but not by much at all. Here are 2 links comparing both. Believe me Rasmus is going to be a star just like Bruce.

Here is a article comparing Bruce and Rasmus

http://www.minorleagueball.com/story/2008/3/3/132913/6209

Here is another article comparing Longoria, Bruce and Rasmus. I would say thats pretty good company. Now he is talking about baseball cards worth but still gives some very valid points. Rasmus is going to be a star and if we have a chance to land him we should be ALL over it.

http://completist.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/the-prospect-corner-with-adam-g-7/

These articles are both pre-season. There's no question that scouts had him as a top 10 or even top 5 prospect going into the season. My point is that his star has surely dimmed somewhat given his pedestrian numbers at AAA this season, and that looking back his record going into the season perhaps wasn't as impressive as some of the prospect mavens thought.

According to MLB Trade Rumors

"The Cardinals had scouts in Baltimore yesterday, and their interest in George Sherrill is well-known. But they might not match up with the Orioles' needs."

If we are trying to seriously rebuild like people on OH have recommended, should be really look to fill our voids or should we take the best package available. I would imagine the comment above is referencing the lack of a stuf SS in the Cardinals system. What are your thoughts?

"The Cardinals had scouts in Baltimore yesterday, and their interest in George Sherrill is well-known. But they might not match up with the Orioles' needs."

If we are trying to seriously rebuild like people on OH have recommended, should be really look to fill our voids or should we take the best package available. I would imagine the comment above is referencing the lack of a stuf SS in the Cardinals system. What are your thoughts?

This is according to Ken Rosenthal...MLB Trade Rumors just compiles it

As for the news...I don't think it was necessarily just for Sherrill. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they were scouting BRob.

I will always want the best player available. You want the most valuable players in your system and on your team. If we were to get Rasmus, theres no reason he couldnt be traded in the offseason for a SS or 3B if we found a team that coveted him.

Without Rasmus though, I just don't see them having enough to make a trade for Sherill. I agree that Rasmus is too high of a price, BUT what else do they have that can help us in the near future? Everything I have read has AM asking for 2 ML ready prospects.

I will always want the best player available. You want the most valuable players in your system and on your team. If we were to get Rasmus, theres no reason he couldnt be traded in the offseason for a SS or 3B if we found a team that coveted him.

Let's say we trade for Rasmus, why not keep him? Would you trade Rasmus for JJ hardy and Weeks? Would you trade Rasmus for Hu and LaRoche? I think I would keep Rasmus and try to land a SS or 3B with Luke Scott, Nolan Reimold, Chad Bradford, or George Sherrill. I will be excited when the Brewers start scouting our guys a little harder. Would love to land Weeks and Escobar from the Brewers. How about this trade:

Sherrill, Roberts, Reimold, and Penn to the Brewers for Escobar, Weeks, and Gamel?

I'd say at the minimum,you'd have to get a quality SS prospect and a starter back for Sherill if you trade him. McPhail is in the drivers seat with offers rolling in. I just hope he focuses on getting a couple top players back rather than a bunch of mediocre types.

Archived