Cardinals a good match with Orioles for Sherrill

Roll Tide

Without Rasmus though, I just don't see them having enough to make a trade for Sherill. I agree that Rasmus is too high of a price, BUT what else do they have that can help us in the near future? Everything I have read has AM asking for 2 ML ready prospects.

I would rather AM deal with the Brewers, Dodgers, or Red Sox.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's say we trade for Rasmus, why not keep him? Would you trade Rasmus for JJ hardy and Weeks? Would you trade Rasmus for Hu and LaRoche? I think I would keep Rasmus and try to land a SS or 3B with Luke Scott, Nolan Reimold, Chad Bradford, or George Sherrill. I will be excited when the Brewers start scouting our guys a little harder. Would love to land Weeks and Escobar from the Brewers. How about this trade:

Sherrill, Roberts, Reimold, and Penn to the Brewers for Escobar, Weeks, and Gamel?

I would personally want to keep Rasmus and have a the most rediculous OF in baseball, offensively and defensively for the forseeable future.

Getting Rasmus makes Reimold expendable.

1. Roberts 2B

2. Weiters C

3. Markakis RF

4. Teixeira 1B

5. Jones CF

6. Scott DH

7. Greene SS

8. Wood 3B

9. Rasmus LF

1. Guthrie

2. Burnett

3. Cabrera

4. Olson

5. Tillman

Closer - K-Rod

Reimold and whoever besides Tillman and Arrieta for Greene

Huff for Wood

Without Rasmus though, I just don't see them having enough to make a trade for Sherill. I agree that Rasmus is too high of a price, BUT what else do they have that can help us in the near future? Everything I have read has AM asking for 2 ML ready prospects.

Would you not do Martinez/Kuzma, Perez, Reyes, and Garica? I certainly would. It gives us a vet starter now and two other guys who have had success in the minors. We also get a promising young SS. I know its not the bst deal. This is only if we cant get say LaRoche, Hu. Or a nice package from boston with Lowrie and Bowden/Anderson. You then move Huff for your SS and bradford should bring something decent. I know we all want Rasmus, me being want of him. Same goes for Adenhart. We just need one of the teams to get really desperate.

Say the Cards package doesnt include Rasmus its the package i outlined (Martinez/Kuzma, Perez, Reyes, and Garica). The Sox offer Buchholz straight up and the Angels offer Adenhart straight up. What package do you take?

They can throw this guy in as well.

No. 8 NIKO VASQUEZ, SS

CARDINALS

Team: Rookie-level Johnson City (Appalachian)

Why He's Here: .455/.613/.682 (10-for-22), 5 2B, 3 RBIs, 6 R, 6 BB, 3 SO, 4-for-4 SB

The Scoop: Vasquez's performance is impressive in itself, but when put next to the performance of other top high schoolers in the Appalachian League, Vasquez's numbers are exceptional. Top pick Tim Beckham (Rays) and highly-touted outfielder Jay Austin (Astros) have both had serious troubles adjusting to professional pitching, but Vasquez has made the transition very smoothly. He had doubles in four of his six games over the past week, including a two-double night on July 12 against Elizabethton. Heading into Friday's action, Vasquez is riding a five game hitting streak. His six walks and three strikeouts are another sign of how well he has adjusted to pro ball, displaying his mature approach at the plate.

He would have to be a PTBNL. Not sure if anyone has brought him up.....

They could, but it wold be a lot more expensive for them in the long run. they have the capability to be a very good team for a while, without a lot of expense. And Escobar is a big part of that. That being said, I think they would move him, but they would be very reluctant to.

With the recent moves the Brewers have made (mainly dealing LaPorta) I'm beginning to think Escobar might be avaliable if they think another solid left hander in the pen is enough to push them over the top. At the the beginning of the season they might have preferred to deal Hardy, but now there's no chance they move him. It would risk upsetting the balance of a team on the verge of contention.

Best case scenerio, Torres and Gagne combine to blow a half dozen saves between now and the trade deadline. Then they might be desperate enough to deal another top prospect.

Would you not do Martinez/Kuzma, Perez, Reyes, and Garica? I certainly would. It gives us a vet starter now and two other guys who have had success in the minors. We also get a promising young SS. I know its not the bst deal. This is only if we cant get say LaRoche, Hu. Or a nice package from boston with Lowrie and Bowden/Anderson. You then move Huff for your SS and bradford should bring something decent. I know we all want Rasmus, me being want of him. Same goes for Adenhart. We just need one of the teams to get really desperate.

Say the Cards package doesnt include Rasmus its the package i outlined (Martinez/Kuzma, Perez, Reyes, and Garica). The Sox offer Buchholz straight up and the Angels offer Adenhart straight up. What package do you take?

I honestly wouldn't do that deal. I think the most important thing is to get a SS prospect or to be blown away (Rasmus). The only way I wouldn't get a young ML ready shortstop out of this deal is if they offered up Rasmus. I am not saying that they should offer him up, but I am just saying that that is what it would take for the Cards to get Sherill due to their weak farm system. If I had to choose one of those deals I would probably take Buchholz... and that is if I have to choose. I wouldn't do a one for one trade if I didn't have to. We have too many holes. IMHO I would rather get Lowrie back in a deal than Buchholz. Again, this is only my opinion.

They don't know for sure, but a post on this forum by his dad says that Rasmus possibly tore it.

An MCL tear is better than an ACL tear though. Rasmus should be able to recover from this and it shouldn't stop any trade.

The problem with MCL tears is the distinct possibility of meniscus damage as well. There is a lot of soft tissue connectivity between the two. Unless it was an impact from the side it is unlikely to have torn the MCL and not had some damage to the ACL as well. It is commonly referred to as the "unhappy triad" = MCL, ACL, Medial Meniscus.:( The MRI will tell the story though.

They can throw this guy in as well.

He would have to be a PTBNL. Not sure if anyone has brought him up.....

No they can't, he was just drafted. Even as a PTBNL he could not be included for about another 4-5 months.

Teams just do not trade players the same year they were drafted.

LaPorta was probably the quickest a player has been traded that I can remember in recent history.

just my 2 cents...

wouldn't a Sherrill for "Rasberry" and Kozma + a major league ready pitcher deal make sense??? :scratchchinhmm:

defiantly works for us IMO, we get a STUDD left fielder + a future SS we need so badly...

anyone agree???

Sherrill for Rasmus straight up will never happen. Its absolute lunacy to think you can get him AND more talent.

Sherrill for Rasmus straight up will never happen. Its absolute lunacy to think you can get him AND more talent.

No doubt. I can't help but think that our best bet is a Roberts + Sherrill package, bringing back the likes of Rasmus + Kozma + Anthony Reyes + Kennedy (and his salary).

No doubt. I can't help but think that our best bet is a Roberts + Sherrill package, bringing back the likes of Rasmus + Kozma + Anthony Reyes + Kennedy (and his salary).

BINGO thats more like it!!! yah i guess you guys are right about Sherrill + Rasberry...but Hey! that would be a good deal....

and as a follow up how about Huffy for Sean Rodriguez + others from LAA???

Sound right???

Archived