Austin Hays

LAOSfan

4 hours ago, Bubble Buddy said:

Help me understand this thought. Makes it sound like the guy has the plague. I know there's a lot of hub bub about him not working very hard. But I don't know if I believe it. 

I don't believe he's a leader and I don't believe he's a positive influence. Davis moping in the corner of the dugout after each strikeout helps no one. They need to rip off the band aid and cut him.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I don't believe he's a leader and I don't believe he's a positive influence. Davis moping in the corner of the dugout after each strikeout helps no one. They need to rip off the band aid and cut him.

Could we please stop making every thread about Chris Davis?    

5 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I want Hays in RF on opening day and Diaz (CF or LF) and Mouncastle (DH?) up by mid-season. I don't care about service time. If they're ready let them play (and gain experience) and give us a reason to watch/hope. 

I also don't think there can be an "official" changing of the guard on this team until they cut all ties with Chris Davis. If I was ownership/management I wouldn't let him near our key prospects with a ten foot pole. 

Nor would I.

4 hours ago, hoosiers said:

I have only seen Hays in four games and can tell you he has an extra gear for when he needs it.  It will surprise you because you didn't know it is there, but then catch yourself thinking, "that guy is really booking."

And he runs hard right out of the box too. 

12 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

28 isn’t old hat.

28 isn't old to old to produce, but it's a bit late to have great expectations for a player to become something other than what they are. Rickard has about 800 plate appearances in the majors and played 1700ish innings in the outfield. If the team wants him on the roster, then fine. If they'd think a giving that time to someone younger who might have more upside, that's reasonable too. I'm glad Hayes is having a nice spring, even if he doesn't end up breaking camp with the club.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It does get tiresome, but we’ve had a bunch of guys have big ST and it’s becoming frustrating that Davis is taking up a spot. Especially with Trumbo back healthy. 

I'd like to confine Chris Davis talk to Chris Davis threads or PED suspension related ones. No need to keep discussing the roster management aspect on a team likely to lose 100 games for the next two seasons. 

Archived