Austin Hays

LAOSfan

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LAOSfan said:

I apologize if this has recently been discussed (I didn't say any topics on the board's first few pages), but what can we expect from Austin Hays this year?  Is he being given a shot to win a job in spring training?

I'm hoping last year was a fluke and completely related to his injury. And, based on where we are as an organization, I wouldn't mind seeing him being given every chance to win the RF job this spring.  Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'd rather see him and Stewart getting most of the time in RF and LF over Rickard (or even Mancini).

I agree with you.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I understand that he had a down year last year due to injuries but I'd really like to see him step up and take RF.  I'm not high on any of our positional talent but it's my hope that one steps up and has a great year.  If it's Hays re-asserting himself for us, that'd be great.

I'd much rather it be Hays over Rickard. 

This is interesting. He doesn't quite blame the ankle injury. More the weight he gained before last year. Makes me a little more skeptical. Really pretty odd that he crushed AA like he did only to come back and perform so poorly. Will be interesting to track him. 

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/sports/level/professional/orioles-rookie-austin-hays-is-healthy-and-ready-to-re/article_93641146-a3ea-55d2-a0b0-377e25b0afc5.html

Can someone explain to me how Hays remaining team control is effected by where he plays this year? I know he is on the 40 man since he was brought up in 2017, but he didn't play in the majors in 2018.

So how many years of team control does he have left and does playing this season in the Majors or Minors effect that? Thanks

17 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Can someone explain to me how Hays remaining team control is effected by where he plays this year? I know he is on the 40 man since he was brought up in 2017, but he didn't play in the majors in 2018.

So how many years of team control does he have left and does playing this season in the Majors or Minors effect that? Thanks

Hays has 6 years of major league time left.

Service time is time in the majors.    Minor league time does not count.  He currently has 54 days of service time from 2017.   One season is 172 days.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Hays has 6 years of major league time left.

Service time is time in the majors.    Minor league time does not count.  He currently has 54 days of service time from 2017.   One season is 172 days.

He is at 34 days. 

If my math is correct,  if they wait until May 16 he stays under one year of service time.  

I had been noticing it and then Tony mentioned it in the game thread today.

Austin Hays now has started 3 games, all in CF.   When he started in CF on Saturday, Yusmiel Diaz was the DH and they said Diaz had a bit of a sore arm and didn't want to play the outfield.   So I thought nothing of it.

But today Diaz was in right and Hays in CF again.

Does it say something about what Hyde is thinking when he puts Hays in CF for all three games he has played in so far?

Archived