Manny: O's didn't show me any love

TonySoprano

11 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I have never been a huge Manny fan because of his attitude. His attitude has always rubbed me the wrong way. The Orioles are better off without Manny if you ask me.

I agree.  I am glad the Manny show is over.  The team was by far the worst in baseball with Manny on the team last year.  And the Dodger's didn't try to sign him either.  I think at some point he needs to just grow up. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, atomic said:

I agree.  I am glad the Manny show is over.  The team was by far the worst in baseball with Manny on the team last year.  And the Dodger's didn't try to sign him either.  I think at some point he needs to just grow up. 

Im not sure the Dodgers had ever planned on signing him. They are close to the luxury cap as it is now.

He was a rental with a hope he pushed them over the top for the WS trophy.

17 minutes ago, atomic said:

I’m glad it’s over too and Manny is honestly irrelevant to me anymore as an Orioles fan. However the immature side of me hopes Manny never wins a ring, MVP or another gold glove award for all I care. 

Hes set for like with the contract that he’s signed. So all the other stuff I’ll root against him. When he comes to OPACY I won’t boo but I also Won’t be giving him a standing ovation. Announce the hitter and get the AB going. 

Agree, when people move on they just need to be quiet.  Manny should be thankful the O's never showed him love as he says.  He would not have a $300 contract on a team with a loaded farm system.  He would have a lesser contract on a team coming off of 47 wins and in complete rebuild mode with a mediocre at best farm system. 

Just now, Chromehill said:

Agree, when people move on they just need to be quiet.  Manny should be thankful the O's never showed him love as he says.  He would not have a $300 contract on a team with a loaded farm system.  He would have a lesser contract on a team coming off of 47 wins and in complete rebuild mode with a mediocre at best farm system. 

What if they had signed him 2 years ago, and made a couple of other different moves. Then the 47 win season might not have happen, heck, they might have even hit the playoffs.

May surprise a few people here by saying I think Manny kind of has a point here.

It was reported many times over that after like..........2014 or 2015 the Orioles never really contacted him or his agent.............EVER regarding an extension.

So if I'm clearly the best player on a team....... and the team doesn't make even a HALF-hearted attempt to extend me in my last 3 or 4 years there..........what am I supposed to think?   Clearly they don't really want me around long term.

And on the other side.........yeah the Orioles have a decent reason to not want to offer him a megadeal at this point.......but I think a lot of us wish we had done more to lock him up when it could have been done for far less.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

What if they had signed him 2 years ago, and made a couple of other different moves. Then the 47 win season might not have happen, heck, they might have even hit the playoffs.

We had him on the team last season and were the worst team in baseball by far.  It was a good move not to re-sign him. Now we have Diaz and Kremer and are saving $30 million a year.  I know the organization isn't going to spend that $30 million but if they did Diaz + Kremer plus free agents worth $30 million should be superior to Machado. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

We had him on the team last season and were the worst team in baseball by far.  It was a good move not to re-sign him. Now we have Diaz and Kremer and are saving $30 million a year.  I know the organization isn't going to spend that $30 million but if they did Diaz + Kremer plus free agents worth $30 million should be superior to Machado. 

He was lame duck and everybody knew it.

Archived