Where I think the O's roster is right now

wildcard

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Natty said:

Last year Mullins got 170 AB and only hit .235. Now he can't hit in ST. Should we really start him when we have outfielders crushing the ball in ST? 

Because those aren't the only pieces of data available, plus batting average really shouldn't be weighed heavily in player assessments.

Mullins has done well at the plate this spring IMO. His K rate, BB rate, and ISO are all better than last season in the majors. 

35 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The big question for me is whether both Trumbo and Davis (long shot to be released, but possible) make the OD roster.  It's looking more and more like that is the case with Trumbo slated to get into games next week. 

If one or both are left off the roster, that opens up a spot for a Santander or possibly a Hays but now I think you have the following for position players:

Catcher (2): Sisco, Wynns 

Infielders (6): Davis, Trumbo, Villar, Martin, Ruiz, Nunez 

Outfielders (5): Mullins, Stewart, Rickard, Mancini (IF/OF), Jackson (IF/OF)

That’s not bad, except Stewart won’t beat out Santander,  based on spring.

I have a thing about defense, and Nunez is not just bad, it’s accepted that his throwing arm is both weak and sloppy. Does he really hit well enough to compensate for that?

And finally, there is no place on gods sweet green earth Where Mancini should play outfield. 1B/DH or nuthin’ 

7 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Hays walk rate still quite low. Struggled in the minors last year (yet everyone is down on Mullins’s numbers). I think he starts at AAA. He’ll be up soon enough. The extra year of service time definitely tips the scales IMO. 

The O's are already getting extra service time with Hays

52 minutes ago, Natty said:

Last year Mullins got 170 AB and only hit .235. Now he can't hit in ST. Should we really start him when we have outfielders crushing the ball in ST? 

Yes because we know what Rickard is already. Mullins is part of the future but Rickard is not.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

That’s not bad, except Stewart won’t beat out Santander,  based on spring.

No chance Santander beats out Stewart. He's a poor defender who was a below average hitter in AA last year. A strong couple of weeks in spring don't change that. 

My position players:

Sisco/Perez

Mancini

Villar

Martin

Ruiz

Stewart/Hays

Mullins/Rickard

Rickard/Santandar

Drew

Hyde's picks:

Sisco/???(Perez/Cervenka)

Davis

Villar

Martin

Ruiz

Stewart

Mullins

Rickard/Santandar

Drew, Mancini, Trumbo

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Says who? Rickard is doing well. He may not be a member of the next playoff club, but that could be said about anyone on the roster.

This is a rebuild team. Play the young guys. Don't waste time with Rickard. We got young guys that need to play. See what they have. I don't care if Rickard is hitting .1000 this ST. IMO 

Archived