TT: Opening Day roster starting to take shape, but questions remain

Tony-OH

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, wildcard said:

Hess, Rogers, Ynoa, Wright, Yacabonis.     Ramirez and Means are out of it and should go to the minors.  Ynoa is only third because he is not on the 40 man roster.  He would be higher if he was.

Who do you like out of the bunch? A late grab off the waiver wire wouldn’t even shock me. I am a Hess fan though, think he could be a solid contributor.

7 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Who do you like out of the bunch? A late grab off the waiver wire wouldn’t even shock me. I am a Hess fan though, think he could be a solid contributor.

Ynoa has shown that at his best that he has that best stuff. They guy has basically been dinged up the last two years though. 

I think we have some flexibility at the bottom of the 40 man. Alberto, Arajuo, and Wilkerson, are all in DFA territory. We could easily add Ynoa, plus take advantage of our top AL waiver wire claiming spot. 

Ynoa is definitely flying under the radar, but so are Phillips, Carroll, and Perez’s ST performances. You could even throw in Jace Peterson and EY Jr into the underrated convo. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Ynoa has shown that at his best that he has that best stuff. They guy has basically been dinged up the last two years though. 

I think we have some flexibility at the bottom of the 40 man. Alberto, Arajuo, and Wilkerson, are all in DFA territory. We could easily add Ynoa, plus take advantage of our top AL waiver wire claiming spot. 

Ynoa is definitely flying under the radar, but so are Phillips, Carroll, and Perez’s ST performances. You could even throw in Jace Peterson and EY Jr into the underrated convo. 

Unless Ynoa has an opt out I don’t know why they would bring him up now. Keep him in minors and then if you need him he is there. 

Use players like Wright when you have to and then if it doesn’t work out go to the next options. 

Switching gears to the outfield....

By all accounts there is room on the team for a 5th outfielder. This assumes a 6-man bullpen, 5-man SP staff (one of which is sorta just a 7th reliever for the first week), and a 5-man bench. 

That bench right now:

Rickard
Backup C
Jackson
One of Nunez/Ruiz
[FINAL GUY]

That final guy is likely, IMO, to be another outfielder not named Mullins, Hays, Rickard, or Mancini.

Options for that guy: Santander, Young Jr, Smith Jr. 

Are you going with one of them? Or are you bringing a 7th infielder with you in Escobar? Or a 7th/8th reliever?

6 minutes ago, Natty said:

Yea I checked out the box score on espn and couldn't believe my eyes Rickard at 3B. http://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=401079038

But that did not happen. 

Would be interesting to see a lefty thrower at 3B. Mattingly played 3 games at 3rd and 2 at 2nd for the Yankees, but no one is confusing Rickard for Mattingly.

Archived