Underwhelming mock trade proposals

Just Regular

For Givens and Bundy, suggested by ZIPS creator/kind of sort of Oriole fan Dan Szymborski.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/seven-hopefully-not-terrible-spring-trade-ideas/

He's oddly specific in return suggestions, and I think/hope Bundy/Givens will earn more market value than that.

He also has Indians DH ideas.  Now that Adam Jones isn't part of their OF/DH chart and HANLEY RAMIREZ is possibly the starting DH for a heavy division favorite, it does make me wonder if that is one place Trumbo could make himself a fit with some early season slugging.  Cleveland did have an okay Jay Bruce rental experience in recent years.

I do think the pre-Opening Day trade possibility is an improbable but not impossible thing that could happen that would generate the most excitement before the draft.  It's been 5 years since Preller bought Kimbrel right before Opening Day, and the Padres are in the right position for something like that again if there is an opportunity.  Their current pitching is so immature/poor that buying 6 months of guys does probably have considerable marginal value for their year-too-early wildcard hopes above getting 3 months come July, assuming their first half pitching doesn't completely sink them.  I think due diligence for both Preller and Elias involves some communication these next two weeks.

The Bundy trade makes no sense from our perspective. Trade a guy with MOR upside and #5 downside for two 24 y/o who are AAAA at best. 

Givens trade is interesting. Don’t know enough about Mata, but decent K rate, high GB, and not many HR. Would want to hear a scout’s take. 

Archived