Embarrassing day for the O's

wildcard

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Probably comment of the year. I stopped reading the thread after this. The fact that it was the first reply just adds to it. Rep to you Sir. 

Hopefully we don’t wait too many years where “It was a Good Day for the Orioles”, can be a season long thread.  

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

this season is shot, time for the young kids, I suspect by 2021, Rickard will be full time backup on the bench or out of baseball.

Best rationale for Rickard would be to build some trade value. The kids' time will come regardless. If Rickard could ever fulfill his potential (.400 OBP who can play CF), we could get something back that helps us in 2021.

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Not a good day for Mr. Hess. 

Jon Meoli ,Sun:

David Hess clicked the Ubaldo Jiménez Memorial Full-Count Counter a couple times in the first inning, most recently before allowing a two-run home run to Jason Castro. The Orioles trail 2-0.

Most everything the Twins are hitting so far off David Hess is leaving a vapor trail. He allowed a two-out single and then a double to turn the lineup over and put the Orioles down 3-0.

A mound visit from Doug Brocail did not produce the desired results, as Ehire Adrianza hit the next pitch from David Hess out for a three-run home run. The Orioles trail 6-0 in the second.

David Hess has given up two more home runs in the third inning, and the Orioles trail 9-0.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Best rationale for Rickard would be to build some trade value. The kids' time will come regardless. If Rickard could ever fulfill his potential (.400 OBP who can play CF), we could get something back that helps us in 2021.

You are not going to get anything of consequence back for Rickard.

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Jon Meoli ,Sun:

David Hess clicked the Ubaldo Jiménez Memorial Full-Count Counter a couple times in the first inning, most recently before allowing a two-run home run to Jason Castro. The Orioles trail 2-0.

Most everything the Twins are hitting so far off David Hess is leaving a vapor trail. He allowed a two-out single and then a double to turn the lineup over and put the Orioles down 3-0.

A mound visit from Doug Brocail did not produce the desired results, as Ehire Adrianza hit the next pitch from David Hess out for a three-run home run. The Orioles trail 6-0 in the second.

David Hess has given up two more home runs in the third inning, and the Orioles trail 9-0.

Rich Dubroff, with what might be the Oriole new slogan for the year:

This is painful to watch. Luke Raley hits a two-run home run and David Hess has given up nine runs. Josh Rogers will be in shortly

39 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Last year 4 qualifiers had a .400 OBP and played a game in CF: Trout, Betts, Yelich, and Brandon Nimmo. In 2017 it was Trout, Tommy Pham, and Kris Bryant (the latter playing only 10 innings in CF), and in 2016 it was just Trout. I don't think his potential is that high...

37 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, you could if the presumption is a .400 OBP and a guy who plays a good CF. I’m dubious his ceiling is that high.

Rickard is turning 28, doesn't play great defense, doesn't get on base well, and has minimal power. He's worth the same as the bushels of minor league outfielders just like him - absolutely nothing.

3 hours ago, scOtt said:

We're going to need long guyS multiple. Assuming Wright will be a starter (ugh!) probably need Yefry R., Yacabonis, Hess maybe? A couple guys to clean up other's messes and fill innings. 5 man bench would be glorious but it ain't happening.

Ok maybe not Hess......

6 minutes ago, theocean said:

Rickard is turning 28, doesn't play great defense, doesn't get on base well, and has minimal power. He's worth the same as the bushels of minor league outfielders just like him - absolutely nothing.

I said ‘if the presumption’ not ‘I presume he’s this or that’. I know exactly what Rickard is and is not, but thx. 

And btw, he doesn’t play great defense, but he is above average.

Archived