Hard to keep Hays out of this lineup

Roy Firestone

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I can't fault the Orioles for doing what every other team in baseball is doing, but this service time manipulation game that everyone is playing is getting ridiculous. I typically break out the world's smallest violin when million dollar players complain about salaries, but this is something that really needs to change. And if I was running the Players Association it would be one of my top priorities.  

I

Maybe the players association likes it the way it is.  It keeps one older guy in the majors for every prospect that you assign to AAA.  Just a thought.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Number5 said:

Maybe the players association likes it the way it is.  It keeps one older guy in the majors for every prospect that you assign to AAA.  Just a thought.

They should be more concerned about minor leaguers getting paid then an aging veteran adding another million dollars to his bank account. 

Im happy with this move. Neither Santander or Hays had a good season in the minors last year. ST stats are misleading and the O's also have Mullins they want to get a long look at. I am surprised they view Hays as a CF, seeing how Bryce Harper complained that CF really impacted his bat last year , with the added wear and tear of running down singles/doubles compared to RF. 

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

They should be more concerned about minor leaguers getting paid then an aging veteran adding another million dollars to his bank account. 

In a perfect world, perhaps, but it's hard to get any union to vote against what is in the best interest of it's members.  Hey, I'm not sure which side the union comes down on about the service time manipulation issue, but I can see that it is possible that they like things as they are.  They certainly agreed to the way it is presently, so they were either OK with it or didn't foresee the teams using the allowable service time limits.

Archived