Hard to keep Hays out of this lineup

Roy Firestone

Just now, atomic said:

That's not true you just replied to be me a couple of days ago. 

This time me seeing your post was a board glitch.

Just because I chose to read some of your posts does not mean you are not on my /ignore list.

Honestly it is more of a reminder not to engage with you.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, atomic said:

I am sure most of you won't be watching either.  And you will still praise the team while not attending games or watching them on TV.  A lot of you go to zero games.  Like Can of Corn.   But love to talk about it like you are the biggest fans. 

So what would happen if Diaz and Hays come up in struggle because they aren't ready yet? Would you still watch? Making personnel decisions based on "watchability" or fan fare is just awful. I mean Chris Davis got 161 million dollars because of it. How can you make these arguments with any sort seriousness? Hays isn't Vlad Jr. or Chris Bryant. He just isn't. He needs to perform in Triple-AAA to prove he's ready for the bigs.

2 minutes ago, LTO's said:

So what would happen if Diaz and Hays come up in struggle because they aren't ready yet? Would you still watch? Making personnel decisions based on "watchability" or fan fare is just awful. I mean Chris Davis got 161 million dollars because of it. How can you make these arguments with any sort seriousness? Hays isn't Vlad Jr. or Chris Bryant. He just isn't. He needs to perform in Triple-AAA to prove he's ready for the bigs.

I am sure whatever decision the club made on anything you would agree with. I was always against signing Chris Davis to a contract. I am not sure why you were throwing that in.  I am sure some of the people supporting this move were supporting the Chris Davis signing. 

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

I am sure whatever decision the club made on anything you would agree with. I was always against signing Chris Davis to a contract. I am not sure why you were throwing that in.  I am sure some of the people supporting this move were supporting the Chris Davis signing. 

I support the team making data driven decisions that are for the good of the future of this franchise. An example of that kind of decision would be not putting a player on the 25 based on 40 PA against minor leaguers in exhibition games. He missed an entire year of development. He needs to be in the minors. Period.

2 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I support the team making data driven decisions that are for the good of the future of this franchise. An example of that kind of decision would be not putting a player on the 25 based on 40 PA against minor leaguers in exhibition games. He missed an entire year of development. He needs to be in the minors. Period.

He played half a season last year.  Just admit if he made the team you would be praising the decision just as much. 

12 minutes ago, atomic said:

I find it absurd how many people on here like whatever management does without question.  I am unhappy about the team.  Name me one thing positive that the team has done this off season? And don't give me the rule 5 draft.  Any moron would have taken Martin with the Rule 5 pick and it cost them no money. 

And people kept saying that our analytics department was so bad yet the Astros hired our main analytics person from last season. 

It's pretty ridiculous that Elias & Co couldn't put together a better Opening Day roster than what they have - especially given how favorably free agency went for teams and their payrolls. The O's are straight up tanking, trying to spend as little money as possible, keeping service time down for any possible contributor, and are perfectly happy playing some pretty terrible baseball. 

Which is fine, whatever. It's a strategy. It'll probably work. But, in five or six years when they finally have a decent team on the field - I'm not so sure I'm really going to care about the O's like I normally have. I love baseball - but I just straight up don't even care this year. I have tickets to Opening Day and every time I see it marked on my calendar, it just feels like an annoying obligation I have to do. If I'm checked out all year, do I ever come back like I used to? Is that even a bad thing? Would picking up fishing be a far more fulfilling use of my time than fanatically rooting for a corporation and their millionaire employees?

I'm sure someone will respond to this thinking they are clever by posting a picture of the Astros in the playoffs or something - and I'm sure I wouldn't completely ignore the O's in the playoffs if they ever make it again. But, that doesn't mean I'm going to be anywhere near the level of fan I used to be. It doesn't mean that I'm going to bother keeping MASN or go to any games. It doesn't mean I'm going to be talking to friends or relatives about the O's. It doesn't mean that I'm going to be that active in trying to indoctrinate my kids with O's fandom.

And I've been a pretty diehard fan my entire life. How are the fans who came to the O's between 2012-2016 feeling? You know, the ones that actually fill the seats.

Archived