O’s Trade for Another Catcher

Rene88

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nice post.

Time will tell.

I'm always willing to admit my speculation is just that.

I'm not saying if you're right it would be surprising. It wouldn't be, ultimately (and sadly). But something about Elias' explanation about it all, and how it was 1,000x more insightful than anything Duquette would have been able to come up with (I'm not saying Dan is stupid! He's not! I like Dan) makes me think things are on track.

That, or he's about to be the next GM to run into the ownership brick wall that he didn't see coming at all. That would be a very unfortunate turn of events in this new chapter.

Changing topics... I'm still wondering if anyone has an idea why a young catcher would only get like 60 AB/season. And what, if anything, we see in this particular player.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm not saying if you're right it would be surprising. It wouldn't be, ultimately (and sadly). But something about Elias' explanation about it all, and how it was 1,000x more insightful than anything Duquette would have been able to come up with (I'm not saying Dan is stupid! He's not! I like Dan) makes me think things are on track.

That, or he's about to be the next GM to run into the ownership brick wall that he didn't see coming at all. That would be a very unfortunate turn of events in this new chapter.

Changing topics... I'm still wondering if anyone has an idea why a young catcher would only get like 60 AB/season. And what, if anything, we see in this particular player.

We need Trezza to ask the tough questions!  ?

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Injuries are the most likely reason.  Next most likely would be that he wasn't viewed as a prospect at Catcher and someone else on his teams was.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:53 PM, Philip said:

He’s gone. It’s a new day. That’s what matters. I stand by what I said but I don’t want to spend time arguing about it, because he is done and gone( and no one is clamoring for his services.)If you disagree that’s fine.

It's defensible to criticize Duquette's GM skills. It's not defensible -- and is also classless -- to say "Dan was an idiot." Find a more respectful way to criticize.

Archived