Brady’s Role

WI O’s Fan

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

So long as Elias gets to make the decision, I’m fine with him using Brady in whatever role he deems appropriate.    Elias is in a much better position than anyone here to judge what Brady brings to the table and the risk that Brady won’t be on the same page as everyone else.    I’ll let Elias figure it out.    Meanwhile, Brady has been keeping an extremely low profile the last 4+ months since Elias was hired, though there have been a few sightings of him down in Sarasota.

Now, if Brady still has a job only because the Angelos family has requested/insisted on it, I’d be very concerned about that.   But there’s been no evidence of that.   

Well, i could counter argue the fact that he is still employed by the Orioles with his title as possible evidence it wasn't Elias' total call. Elias quickly weeded out the old regime in Graham and Rajsich and it would have made sense for Elias to send Anderson packing as well if he wanted a fresh start. 

Elias is currently operating as the GM, Scouting Director and Farm Director as he hasn't replaced Graham or Rajsich. My educated guess is that Elias wasn't able to get the guys he wanted in those positions due to the date of hire. Most of the elite guys were already under contract and he probably didn't want to just hire a guy for a year who may not be the guy long term.

Considering the lack of visibility of Anderson and the comments by Elias about Anderson's strength and conditioning expertise is what he's relying on, makes me think it was requested that Anderson stay on for at least the next year.

Either way, I'm not sure it matters because Elias is still under the honeymoon phase and will probably be that way for at least a few seasons. I'd be surprised if Anderson is with the organization after this season unless it's under a newly defined role that takes away his VP status.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Wasn't Cashner one of MLBTR's top 5 for Starting Pitching Free Agents? Several other teams wanted him.

Brady's ego is too big?

The ones that actually know him, have never said that, at least not that I have read.

It could be true, but I never see it said.

I get it, you hate the dude, and you have an axe to grind with him.

Have fun at it.

Hope it livens up your day.

I want to get away from the past, and live in the current.

Elias kept him, he isn't stupid, he was hired for his brains, so just see what happens.

I mean, have you ever listened to him speak? And it's kinda hard to get a way from the past when you have a a giant albatross of a reminder still on the payroll. 

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well, i could counter argue the fact that he is still employed by the Orioles with his title as possible evidence it wasn't Elias' total call. Elias quickly weeded out the old regime in Graham and Rajsich and it would have made sense for Elias to send Anderson packing as well if he wanted a fresh start. 

Elias is currently operating as the GM, Scouting Director and Farm Director as he hasn't replaced Graham or Rajsich. My educated guess is that Elias wasn't able to get the guys he wanted in those positions due to the date of hire. Most of the elite guys were already under contract and he probably didn't want to just hire a guy for a year who may not be the guy long term.

Considering the lack of visibility of Anderson and the comments by Elias about Anderson's strength and conditioning expertise is what he's relying on, makes me think it was requested that Anderson stay on for at least the next year.

Either way, I'm not sure it matters because Elias is still under the honeymoon phase and will probably be that way for at least a few seasons. I'd be surprised if Anderson is with the organization after this season unless it's under a newly defined role that takes away his VP status.

You mean requested by ownership right? I agree. I think Elias was "asked" to keep Brady under the guise of him helping with the transition. Bottom line, Anderson brings nothing to the table that can't be easily replaced with 100% less drama. 

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Is his title really that important?    My guess is they’ve just demoted him de facto without embarrassing him by assigning him a lesser title.   

The interesting thing is I can see Brady being the type of guy who would devour analytics.    

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

You want to beat him up, because he was the errand boy that went out in the field and signed Cashner and Cobb?
Come on now, Peter had the overall authority to sign off the $$$$$.

Just like Davis and O'Day, that was all Peter.

Make Peter the saint and Brady the scapegoat, if it makes you feel better.

Didn’t he also bring back Tillman? I don’t know how much impact he had on the Trumbo signing, but his problem is that he gives himself too much credit for skills he does not have.

tony’s article, “orioles game of thrones” remains pertinent.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Lets beat up Brady, because Buck, DD and others in the system felt Mike had the tools to get the job done.

It must be nice to have employment diplomatic immunity. Brady could hold up a liquor store and you'd probably blame it on the manufacturer of his ski mask. 

34 minutes ago, Philip said:

Didn’t he also bring back Tillman? I don’t know how much impact he had on the Trumbo signing, but his problem is that he gives himself too much credit for skills he does not have.

tony’s article, “orioles game of thrones” remains pertinent.

You hit the bullseye my friend. Nice shot. 

Archived