Oreos 2019 draft picks?

I tried to find out exactly how many picks the Orioles have in the first hundred, they got their first rounder, their second rounder, a compensation pick at number 71, I think, for a total of three Picks in the first 100?

My question is is the draft deep enough for those other two Choicesto be meaningful producers? 

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I tried to find out exactly how many picks the Orioles have in the first hundred, they got their first rounder, their second rounder, a compensation pick at number 71, I think, for a total of three Picks in the first 100?

My question is is the draft deep enough for those other two Choicesto be meaningful producers? 

Guys from any round can become meaningful producers.

3 hours ago, Philip said:

4 in the top 100.

1-1, 2-1, comp B, and 3-1

There is plenty of depth, it’ll be interesting to see see how things play out, there are a lot of big time risers without much track record and then there are the guys projected to go in the first round going into the season who have only been OK so far. Teams weight things differently, so it’ll be fun to see how it plays out.

I’ll have at least a top 100 draft preference list up on the site pre-draft. 

On 3/21/2019 at 9:43 PM, Luke-OH said:

4 in the top 100.

1-1, 2-1, comp B, and 3-1

There is plenty of depth, it’ll be interesting to see see how things play out, there are a lot of big time risers without much track record and then there are the guys projected to go in the first round going into the season who have only been OK so far. Teams weight things differently, so it’ll be fun to see how it plays out.

I’ll have at least a top 100 draft preference list up on the site pre-draft. 

Looks to me like we could take Rutschman 1 and still get a decent SS with our 2nd pick.  

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They used a first round pick last year on a SS.

How about just going with the best player available? 

BPA is always the best strategy, but if we're torn between Rutschman and Witt, taking a SS with our 2nd pick  could be a good compromise.  

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

BPA is always the best strategy, but if we're torn between Rutschman and Witt, taking a SS with our 2nd pick  could be a good compromise.  

I don't see how.

I'd rather see if one of the current crop of shortstops in the system pan out and reach for a guy.

I also don't think Elias is going to be torn between Rutschman and Witt, he doesn't seem the type.

I'd probably pick the Double-Stuf ones first, and then I also really like the Golden Oreos.

After that all the ones with the weird colors would probably go.   Trying to decide what would be left at the end of the draft.

Just now, Aglets said:

I'd probably pick the Double-Stuf ones first, and then I also really like the Golden Oreos.

After that all the ones with the weird colors would probably go.   Trying to decide what would be left at the end of the draft.

s-l640.jpg

5.4 times the filling of a regular Oreo.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:10 PM, makoman said:

The real question is, would you trade the competitive balance pick for those?

Duquette certainly would...and would also throw in some international bonus slot money to sweeten the deal...

On 3/27/2019 at 3:46 PM, Aglets said:

Better yet, Double Stuff Golden. Can't go wrong with either one in the top spot.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 3:11 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I don't see how.

I'd rather see if one of the current crop of shortstops in the system pan out and reach for a guy.

I also don't think Elias is going to be torn between Rutschman and Witt, he doesn't seem the type.

I’m totally into BPA, but it would be great if the BPA was a SS with a solid bat.    Shortstops can always be moved to another position defensively.    

Archived