How did Wright look tonight?

higgybaby

Making his final Grapefruit League appearance, Wright worked four innings and allowed two runs and three hits with two walks, three strikeouts and a wild pitch. He threw 55 pitches, 35 for strikes.

Wright continued to throw in the bullpen - simulated innings for “ups” and increasing his count to 85

7 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

With enough "as the legend goes," we could turn a routine fly ball in an untelevised game into a catch that would make Willie Mays smile...

Kevin Brown went bananas with the leaping catch so I assume that it was worthy.  Dave Johnson was lukewarm in his assessment of Wright. 93 mph FB that was squared up "hard, heavy and often".   It's pretty difficult to get excited with MW in the rotation.

51 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Kevin Brown went bananas with the leaping catch so I assume that it was worthy.  Dave Johnson was lukewarm in his assessment of Wright. 93 mph FB that was squared up "hard, heavy and often".   It's pretty difficult to get excited with MW in the rotation.

I'd rather pitch Ynoa every 5th day, but I don't think MW will spend a lot of time on this team. One or two dugout blowups and he'll be gone.

28 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I'd rather pitch Ynoa every 5th day, but I don't think MW will spend a lot of time on this team. One or two dugout blowups and he'll be gone.

Guess what?  Gabe will "hurl" for you on Sunday!

Left-hander Paul Fry will make his first spring start Sunday in the split-squad game against the Phillies in Clearwater. Gabriel Ynoa had been listed, but Fry actually will work an inning or two before Ynoa replaces him.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/03/notes-on-sucre-wynns-roster-rogers-and-more.html

Just now, bobmc said:

Guess what?  Gabe will "hurl" for you on Sunday!

Left-hander Paul Fry will make his first spring start Sunday in the split-squad game against the Phillies in Clearwater. Gabriel Ynoa had been listed, but Fry actually will work an inning or two before Ynoa replaces him.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/03/notes-on-sucre-wynns-roster-rogers-and-more.html

Yeah, I saw that. And it will be televised on the Phillies network. Our B Team on a split squad day. Hope they're trying out Fry as an opener and keeping Ynoa ready for when MW explodes. I suspect they're starting Fry to make sure he faces major league hitters.

2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Yeah, I saw that. And it will be televised on the Phillies network. Our B Team on a split squad day. Hope they're trying out Fry as an opener and keeping Ynoa ready for when MW explodes. I suspect they're starting Fry to make sure he faces major league hitters.

I'm hoping I'll get a live stream of that.

Archived