Austin Hays: On The Mend!

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Certainly delays his arrival. This stinks. Was looking forward to it. 

Just hope he doesn’t have more bad luck this year. 

This will give someone else a chance or buy more time for others.  

Best case scenario it doesn't.  I've jammed my thumbs pretty good a number of times in the past and been fine in less than a week.  It isn't likely but maybe he gets lucky.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Best case scenario it doesn't.  I've jammed my thumbs pretty good a number of times in the past and been fine in less than a week.  It isn't likely but maybe he gets lucky.

He is due for some luck. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The "snapped backward" part isn't very reassuring. Would be great if he just jammed it.

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The "snapped backward" part isn't very reassuring. Would be great if he just jammed it.

I'm taking some solace in the fact that they are not rushing to get an MRI done.  I'm sure if the O's really wanted to get an MRI done tonight they could make it happen.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm taking some solace in the fact that they are not rushing to get an MRI done.  I'm sure if the O's really wanted to get an MRI done tonight they could make it happen.

Agreed if it looked really bad Hays would get the thumb evaluated tonight. (Fingers crossed?)

1 minute ago, OsEatAlEast said:

I especially don't like head first slides in the era of 2b/ss lowering their knees to block the bag. I say turn their shins into swiss cheese and they will be way less likely to do it. But you can't do that sliding head first.

Just need to modify the batting helmet a bit.

mini-gladiator-spiked-helmet-4.gif

Archived