Starting pitching available

OriolesMagic83

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

If it makes you feel any better, they weren't very good when I became a fan in the late '50s. In fact, the only merch available was a #5 t-shirt. Brooks, Gus Triandos, Hoyt Wilhelm and Billy O'Dell  were our heroes.

My first season was 1965 when I was 7.  So I have been truly blessed.  My formative years were during the era when the Orioles were not only the best team in baseball, there was not another team in the discussion,, and those teams were historically up among the alltime best teams. 

I somehow was lucky enough to have gone to at least one WS game of every one the Os have been in,..My children were born in 1986 and 1989 and they have heard my promise for 30 years now that we are all going to the Series the next time the Os get in.  And now, my five year old granddaughter gets the same promise...lol. 

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

My first season was 1965 when I was 7.  So I have been truly blessed.  My formative years were during the era when the Orioles were not only the best team in baseball, there was not another team in the discussion,, and those teams were historically up among the alltime best teams. 

I somehow was lucky enough to have gone to at least one WS game of every one the Os have been in,..My children were born in 1986 and 1989 and they have heard my promise for 30 years now that we are all going to the Series the next time the Os get in.  And now, my five year old granddaughter gets the same promise...lol. 

You should start a World Series fund.  If you had started it in 1986, they could be independently wealthy by the time the O's go to the WS. 

54 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

You should start a World Series fund.  If you had started it in 1986, they could be independently wealthy by the time the O's go to the WS. 

Lol.  They may need it to get tickets by the next time the Os make it.  And I may be like those Red Sox fans for decades prior to the 2004 win who had the World Series flags planted on their graves...lol. 

Archived