Hundreds of Opening Day Tickets available now

fansince1988

7 minutes ago, atomic said:

There probably at least 4k of seats sitting on stubhub right now.  Scalpers can't sell what people don't want to buy.  

Tickets on Stubhub are not necessarily from actual scalpers. Most professional operations have likely already made their $$ from this one while the iron was still hot.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Tickets on Stubhub are not necessarily from actual scalpers. Most professional operations have likely already made their $$ from this one while the iron was still hot.

In certain sections you can buy 21 tickets together. I am not sure a mom and pop situation has 21 tickets to sell.  Maybe the team is trying to sell some on there. 

On 3/27/2019 at 2:59 PM, atomic said:

The Capitals used to have a ton of visiting fans at all their games.  Then they started winning and became exciting and local fans started buying all the tickets. 

Really this season has kind of made me think maybe the Orioles should just move or something.  They aren't trying and it sure would be more fun being a Red Sox fan or Yankees fan at Camden Yards for their games.  Get an MLS team to play at Camden Yards or is there a pro-softball league.  Really when the team isn't even trying they don't deserve our support.  Tired of the Angelos family already. I remember when Camden Yards was packed every night before they came along.  

I dont' think I have ever been down on a team as the Orioles this year.  Really they should have made some acquisitions in the low millions for starting pitchers. I am not sure why anyone would pay to see the team. Some kind of Circus or something would be better. 

On 3/27/2019 at 3:39 PM, wildbillhiccup said:

C'mon dude. This jumping to extremes song and dance you do is really getting old. You know they're rebuilding this year.  And if I can be so bold as to speak for every Oriole fan feel free to jump off the Oriole train  and on the Yankee / Red Sox train anytime you want to. Just don't expect us to save a seat for you. 

I'm going to take a different tact.  atomic, I have seen lately, what I think is an effort by you to be more thoughtful.  And I appreciate it.  I also think this is one of your better posts.  Stay with me here....Many times you post and state things as fact, which to those of us who disagree, find difficult to continue conversing.  This post is really about how you feel as a fan and how difficult this time is for YOU.

Dude, that is what we are here for..Angelos had a tremendous tremendous opportunity and pissed it all away.  It is hard to be here. But for the first time, honestly, the first time, since Peter bought the team, there is someone different calling the shots.  And we have moved to a new era, with a modern GM and a modern business method of thinking.  Will it work.  WHO THE HELL KNOWS!

But for all that is beautiful about the game, what it was for those of us who saw it then, and for all of what it could be again, join me.  Join me in thinking that somehow, from this spot, the Orioles could be rebuilt into what we remember.  I thank you for finally laying out the real thing that is eating at you.  Sure, you feel defeated.  We climbed out of the darkness and climbed close enough to see the top of the mountain only to fall back down to the bottom.

You can't quit.  You would hate yourself, if only because walking away now would mean that you don't care that this rebuild, however difficult, however improbable, doesn't matter.  And you don't want to be a fan of the Yankees or the Red Sox because they are bad fans, most of them are not, you don't want to be a Yankee or a Red Sox fan because the ones you hate are not real fans, they are people who buy a shirt or a hat to fit into a club, because they want to feel better.

You owe it to yourself atomic, not to fall lockstep into something, but to dive in head first into the waters of hope.  Bathe in it atomic and let it wash all over you.  Failure is part of the game, one of the best parts, really.  We honor with the hall of fame, players who failed about 70% of the time.  There is no sport like it.  Once the Orioles were the model franchise and of course now they are not.  But, if they are to ever become a model franchise again, it has to change, completely, from the bottom up.  That is happening now, this very minute and in your misery about what the Orioles are not, you are not seeing it.  It's ok.  I am here with you, WE are here with you.  

I love the Baltimore Orioles and I have to believe in Elias and the Angelosons, because not believing means there is no chance.  And the chance may well be small, atomic and at times it may be hard to see.  Even with a 4-1 start, this is not a good team.  But it may well prove to be an exciting beginning.  There were times in 2011, I could sense the good times coming.  That may well be my favorite time of the Angelos era. (Although the singular play, for me, will always be the Delmon Young hit and JJ Hardy slide).  We cannot rise to something like that again, without a rebuild.  And rebuilds are hard, and like the game itself has the potential for a significant amount of failure.  But the rewards for doing so....that is beauty of the game.  That is why they say hope springs eternal in baseball.  That's why atomic, the voice, was so moving in Field of Dreams.  If you build it, he will come.

Thanks for your post atomic, it was the most honest post of yours I have ever read.  I look forward to you being around for the rest of the journey.

Imagine.

7 minutes ago, Aglets said:

In 2014 we drew 46,685 which would be well above the 45,971 threshold so it makes sense that it was a sellout.   That was apparently the last time though that we went above that number.

Probably the number of standing room only tickets sold went down.  So for actual seats it was a sell-out.  

Just now, atomic said:

In certain sections you can buy 21 tickets together. I am not sure a mom and pop situation has 21 tickets to sell.  Maybe the team is trying to sell some on there. 

Well, Stubhub and MLB is an official partnership, and there's documented cases of teams selling directly on Stubhub. And there is no doubt a few less-than-astute scalpers out there trying to unload.

10 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I'm going to take a different tact.  atomic, I have seen lately, what I think is an effort by you to be more thoughtful.  And I appreciate it.  I also think this is one of your better posts.  Stay with me here....Many times you post and state things as fact, which to those of us who disagree, find difficult to continue conversing.  This post is really about how you feel as a fan and how difficult this time is for YOU.

Dude, that is what we are here for..Angelos had a tremendous tremendous opportunity and pissed it all away.  It is hard to be here. But for the first time, honestly, the first time, since Peter bought the team, there is someone different calling the shots.  And we have moved to a new era, with a modern GM and a modern business method of thinking.  Will it work.  WHO THE HELL KNOWS!

But for all that is beautiful about the game, what it was for those of us who saw it then, and for all of what it could be again, join me.  Join me in thinking that somehow, from this spot, the Orioles could be rebuilt into what we remember.  I thank you for finally laying out the real thing that is eating at you.  Sure, you feel defeated.  We climbed out of the darkness and climbed close enough to see the top of the mountain only to fall back down to the bottom.

You can't quit.  You would hate yourself, if only because walking away now would mean that you don't care that this rebuild, however difficult, however improbable, doesn't matter.  And you don't want to be a fan of the Yankees or the Red Sox because they are bad fans, most of them are not, you don't want to be a Yankee or a Red Sox fan because the ones you hate are not real fans, they are people who buy a shirt or a hat to fit into a club, because they want to feel better.

You owe it to yourself atomic, not to fall lockstep into something, but to dive in head first into the waters of hope.  Bathe in it atomic and let it wash all over you.  Failure is part of the game, one of the best parts, really.  We honor with the hall of fame, players who failed about 70% of the time.  There is no sport like it.  Once the Orioles were the model franchise and of course now they are not.  But, if they are to ever become a model franchise again, it has to change, completely, from the bottom up.  That is happening now, this very minute and in your misery about what the Orioles are not, you are not seeing it.  It's ok.  I am here with you, WE are here with you.  

I love the Baltimore Orioles and I have to believe in Elias and the Angelosons, because not believing means there is no chance.  And the chance may well be small, atomic and at times it may be hard to see.  Even with a 4-1 start, this is not a good team.  But it may well prove to be an exciting beginning.  There were times in 2011, I could sense the good times coming.  That may well be my favorite time of the Angelos era. (Although the singular play, for me, will always be the Delmon Young hit and JJ Hardy slide).  We cannot rise to something like that again, without a rebuild.  And rebuilds are hard, and like the game itself has the potential for a significant amount of failure.  But the rewards for doing so....that is beauty of the game.  That is why they say hope springs eternal in baseball.  That's why atomic, the voice, was so moving in Field of Dreams.  If you build it, he will come.

Thanks for your post atomic, it was the most honest post of yours I have ever read.  I look forward to you being around for the rest of the journey.

Imagine.

Dude...****in' A.  

56 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Imagine.

This is a superior post. Thank you.

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

Imagine.

I appreciate the sincerity of this post, but I don't think he ever had any intention of jumping ship. I think complaining about the Orioles, the decisions they make, and how they are run has become a bit of a knee jerk reaction and based on the recent history of the franchise it's completely understandable. I just think we all need to take a deep breathe, hit the recent button, and do our best not to judge the new regime for the mistakes made by the old regime. I'm willing to give John, Lou and Mike a clean slate and judge them by the actions THEY make not the actions made by others. And we need to keep ours eyes on the prize and not forget that every move this team makes is focused on being better three years from now. Any success between now and then is just icing on the cake. 

20 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I appreciate the sincerity of this post, but I don't think he ever had any intention of jumping ship. I think complaining about the Orioles, the decisions they make, and how they are run has become a bit of a knee jerk reaction and based on the recent history of the franchise it's completely understandable. I just think we all need to take a deep breathe, hit the recent button, and do our best not to judge the new regime for the mistakes made by the old regime. I'm willing to give John, Lou and Mike a clean slate and judge them by the actions THEY make not the actions made by others. And we need to keep ours eyes on the prize and not forget that every move this team makes is focused on being better three years from now. Any success between now and then is just icing on the cake. 

Nice post

25 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

And we need to keep ours eyes on the prize and not forget that every move this team makes is focused on being better three years from now. Any success between now and then is just icing on the cake. 

But this line is the crux of the problem between many who have bought into the rebuild and those who have not.

For those who have bought in, we want them all gone. Not just Davis, but our best players too. 75 wins is meaningless unless they're driven by young guys most fans have never even heard of. We'd rather trade Cobb, Mancini, Givens, Villar and anyone else 27+ who performs, cut Davis, Trumbo and Cashner and lose 110 again. Heck, success now is almost a problem, and really only an opportunity to trade something away. We cheer, but hope out loud that our assumed #1 pick doesn't turn into a #10 overall pick next year.

I don't mean to put words into atomic's mouth, but a lot of fans simply don't want that. They would rather see a competitive team now than a terrible team that's pushing its chips all in on what might be at best a tenuous proposition of building with young players, which has been tried and failed many times over. I'd argue that's not an unreasonable position. We could have built a solid team with free agents. It could have been exciting right now. Many of us think that money would not be well spent, especially as bills would come due in a couple of years, but the possibility existed this year and we chose a different route. In that sense, it's completely rational to not support this rebuild.

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

But this line is the crux of the problem between many who have bought into the rebuild and those who have not.

For those who have bought in, we want them all gone. Not just Davis, but our best players too. 75 wins is meaningless unless they're driven by young guys most fans have never even heard of. We'd rather trade Cobb, Mancini, Givens, Villar and anyone else 27+ who performs, cut Davis, Trumbo and Cashner and lose 110 again. Heck, success now is almost a problem, and really only an opportunity to trade something away. We cheer, but hope out loud that our assumed #1 pick doesn't turn into a #10 overall pick next year.

I don't mean to put words into atomic's mouth, but a lot of fans simply don't want that. They would rather see a competitive team now than a terrible team that's pushing its chips all in on what might be at best a tenuous proposition of building with young players, which has been tried and failed many times over. I'd argue that's not an unreasonable position. We could have built a solid team with free agents. It could have been exciting right now. Many of us think that money would not be well spent, especially as bills would come due in a couple of years, but the possibility existed this year and we chose a different route. In that sense, it's completely rational to not support this rebuild.

If they really had the money, they could have given Manny 350 Million,  Harper 400. Signed Kuechle 250 and Corbin for 225 and Kimbrel 175. Sign Jones back for 75 and McCutcheon for 70 and go!

20 minutes ago, weams said:

If they really had the money, they could have given Manny 350 Million,  Harper 400. Signed Kuechle 250 and Corbin for 225 and Kimbrel 175. Sign Jones back for 75 and McCutcheon for 70 and go!

The key is "sustainable" success. If you don't have a blank check building from the ground up is the only way to achieve it. If people do expect the Orioles to take the same approach to achieving success as the Yankees and Red Sox then they probably should find another team to root for because it's never going to happen. 

Archived