TT: Sisco among last cuts, roster takes shape

Tony-OH

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, I wondered about that as well in my piece. Since he has an option, I could see them sending him back to AAA.

That's a crowded area. If Sisco is still there at that time, you have the possibility of Wynns, Sisco, and either Cervenka, Perez, Susac, or Cumberland there.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I think Trumbo goes on the 60-day to clear up a spot for Sucre.

I thought that before today. I read a quote from him today that made it sound like he believes he’d be ready in a bit more than a month. I hope you’re right. 

I would like him to be able to get back and put up some numbers to make him a valuable piece, but if he’s out until July, I doubt that will happen. May as well just release him then and eat that contract when they activate him. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Jefry Ramirez would be my guess.  AAA looks pretty crowded on the entire pitching staff. I still think Mike Wright could get released.  

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Jefry Ramirez would be my guess.  AAA looks pretty crowded on the entire pitching staff. I still think Mike Wright could get released.  

I don't see the O's DFAing starters.

AAA starters:   Akin, Ortiz, Rogers, Ramirez, Herb . Ynoa in the pen.  Means and Yacabonis in the majors.

I suggest they DFA Sisco. It is rumored that he has slow bat speed, not much power, strikes out too much, has a weak throwing arm, can't catch, has catcher's running speed, and with his weak bat isn't good enough be considered at any other position but catcher. He has been in the Orioles system for 6 years and they haven't been able to correct his deficiencies or they are not correctable. Why is he on the 40 man roster, other than they can hold him? Send him on his way.

Although they can be bad here as easily as at Norfolk, I’m among the group who wanted Scott and Sisco sent down, but I’m interested in the Brass’ logic. They sent down several guys who hit and defended well and kept several guys with serious flaws in either-or both-categories, including a brand new catcher who has to learn 12-13 pitchers in, lessee, four days.

The outfield doesn’t inspire me. I like Joey Rickard a lot, but I’m really leery of him as a daily starter. And Mancini? God save us... Even if the focus is on defense, a far better outfield is available.

curiouser and curiouser.

17 minutes ago, OldNewGuy said:

I suggest they DFA Sisco. It is rumored that he has slow bat speed, not much power, strikes out too much, has a weak throwing arm, can't catch, has catcher's running speed, and with his weak bat isn't good enough be considered at any other position but catcher. He has been in the Orioles system for 6 years and they haven't been able to correct his deficiencies or they are not correctable. Why is he on the 40 man roster, other than they can hold him? Send him on his way.

???

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I agree, both are vulnerable. Wright may actually be ok for a few months, until Elias and Hyde have seen enough of his tantrums.

5 hours ago, jrobb21613 said:

The way rosters are going to be contructed the Tides if in the big leagues would be predicted to win more games than the Orioles . It’s obvious to me we are tanking this season. Our best roster is not heading north.

It is, but it is just going to Virginia.

Archived