One thing about Buck....

Frobby

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  The Orioles usually show up on Opening Day and even before Buck, I think they win most of their 1st games.

An OD victory would be a feather in the cap on what looks to be a bleak season.  

This is a valid point.  Prior to 2010 the last Opening Day I can remember them losing was 2007 in Minnesota.  Opening Day is all about the impossibilities on paper becoming impossible.  In 2009 freaking Cesar Izturis hits a home run off Sabathia, in 2004 Sidney Ponson beat Pedro Martinez, in 2001 Pat Hentgen beat in his prime Pedro Martinez.  For at least one day, anything can happen.

o

The Mets had 7 consecutive losing seasons between 1977 and 1983 ........ but they won their Opening Day game each and every one of those years.

In 1984, they finally lost their Opening Day game ........ but they wound up winning 90 games that year, and battled the Cubs for 1st place throughout the entire season.

o

21 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

The Mets had 7 consecutive losing seasons between 1977 and 1983 ........ but they won their Opening Day game each and every one of those years.

In 1984, they finally lost their Opening Day game ........ but they wound up winning 90 games that year, and battled the Cubs for 1st place throughout the entire season.

o

Thanks @OFFNY - er - Patrick!  Last year's disastrous season had W's to bookend the season including a dub against the playoff-bound Astros.  SSS?  Perhaps, but weird things happen in sports as we all know.  I won't say "book it" for the W on Thursday in the "boogie-down" but am "expecting" a W when Alex toes the rubber on 4/4 at OPACY!  ⚾

Archived