Who’s your choice for most pleasant surprise of 2019?

Frobby

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, osfan83 said:

Why does the Ruiz/Nunez battle remind me of the Harriston/Roberts battle? 

You mean Jerry Hairston and Brian Roberts?  I don't know.  They combined for 30 years in the majors.  Ruiz and Nunez would probably be happy with half of either of their careers.

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

My choice for pleasant surprise - atomic genuinely finds something positive to say about a 2019 Orioles player, coach, or executive at least once over the next 6 months.

That's by far the most ridiculous statement of the the entire thread.

Actually, I take that back.  There will be threads where we're unanimous about releasing someone, and just to be a curmudgeon and a malcontent atomic will declare them to be a coming star and the Orioles idiots for releasing them.

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

That's by far the most ridiculous statement of the the entire thread.

Actually, I take that back.  There will be threads where we're unanimous about releasing someone, and just to be a curmudgeon and a malcontent atomic will declare them to be a coming star and the Orioles idiots for releasing them.

Please don't group him with honest curmudgeons such as myself.

52 minutes ago, osfan83 said:

Why does the Ruiz/Nunez battle remind me of the Harriston/Roberts battle? 

Not sure.  The latter two both came up as top ten prospects in the organization while Ruiz/Nunez were both waiver pickups.  

Nunez can play 1B and DH so I don't really think of it as a battle at all.  There is a place for both players in the lineup. 

Archived