O's next three games vs lefties

wildcard

Paxton and Happ for the Yankees and Richard is listed for the first games vs the Blue Jays.

Will Davis sit all three games in favor on Mancini at 1B with Nunez  DHing because of his sore arm?

Will Alberto start at 3B over Ruiz?

Will Jackson play CF over Mullins?

I doubt Davis sits for all 3. I assume at least one game, maybe 2. 

I think Alberto probably gets one start at 3rd. Nunez will be DH for all 3 games. Jackson gets 1/2 starts. Mullins sits one game. Rickard plays all 3 and Smith sits 1-2 games.  

Even Buck who would let Flaherty rot on the bench in the summer would try to get everyone playing time early on.  

11 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I doubt Davis sits for all 3. I assume at least one game, maybe 2. 

I think Alberto probably gets one start at 3rd. Nunez will be DH for all 3 games. Jackson gets 1/2 starts. Mullins sits one game. Rickard plays all 3 and Smith sits 1-2 games.  

Even Buck who would let Flaherty rot on the bench in the summer would try to get everyone playing time early on.  

Idk man, what if Nunez comes out and has a good game?  This isn’t Buck. It would be hard to take out the hot hand. 

I do think you’re right about getting Alberto a start. That will likely come at SS though. Maybe give Martin a mental break for a game. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Idk man, what if Nunez comes out and has a good game?  This isn’t Buck. It would be hard to take out the hot hand. 

I do think you’re right about getting Alberto a start. That will likely come at SS though. Maybe give Martin a mental break for a game. 

My thought would be

-sit Davis 2 of 3. Play Mancini at 1B the 2 games he sits and once in LF. 

- start Jackson in OF 2 games, sit Mullins once. Likely the game Davis plays in

-start Smith once, sits 2  

Nunez is DH for all 3 and Rickard starts all 3.  

They may give Alberto a start at SS, good idea. I could see him starting once at 3rd and once at SS. 

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

Paxton and Happ for the Yankees and Richard is listed for the first games vs the Blue Jays.

Will Davis sit all three games in favor on Mancini at 1B with Nunez  DHing because of his sore arm?

Will Alberto start at 3B over Ruiz?

Will Jackson play CF over Mullins?

I do wish CD would be benched for Mancini at 1st. 

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

My thought would be

-sit Davis 2 of 3. Play Mancini at 1B the 2 games he sits and once in LF. 

- start Jackson in OF 2 games, sit Mullins once. Likely the game Davis plays in

-start Smith once, sits 2  

Nunez is DH for all 3 and Rickard starts all 3.  

They may give Alberto a start at SS, good idea. I could see him starting once at 3rd and once at SS. 

Since Trumbo is on DL why not make Davis the DH when he has to play? 

I would like to see Jackson play in all three games. Based on usage in spring and yesterday, he could replace Smith Jr or Mullins in the OF. Replacing Mullins would give you a switch hitter to come off the bench. He could also replace Ruiz.

Nunez could replace Davis and play either 1B or DH. Will be interesting to see whether Mancini plays any 1B or if they will use him as full time DH.

45 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I would like to see Jackson play in all three games. Based on usage in spring and yesterday, he could replace Smith Jr or Mullins in the OF. Replacing Mullins would give you a switch hitter to come off the bench. He could also replace Ruiz.

Nunez could replace Davis and play either 1B or DH. Will be interesting to see whether Mancini plays any 1B or if they will use him as full time DH.

I am anxious to see Jackson hit ML pitching. He led the team in hits in spring training. 

Archived