Pitching needs some normalcy

eddie83

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Alberto has been put on waivers 4 times in the last 5 months.  He has been claimed every time.  I don't see the O's getting him through waivers.

Yeah. You're right. I don't see Alberto making it through waivers either. And, frankly, I don't want this. I think he's the best SS in the organization. 

Just pitch Araujo more. That's the answer for now. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jtschrei said:

Yeah. You're right. I don't see Alberto making it through waivers either. And, frankly, I don't want this. I think he's the best SS in the organization. 

Just pitch Araujo more. That's the answer for now. 

They need to be losing to do that.

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I think it depends on how bad the pitching situation gets. If Cashner gives 5 or 6 innings tonight, I'll feel better. If he goes 2, it could become a problem.

I dont see any way he gives you 2 unless it is an injury.  I think he has to eat some innings he is the one veteran we have and he knows he is going to have to give you innings.  I think he stays in there for 4 no matter what unless it gets crazy like 10 runs.  You have him go for 4 worst case is 3.  Castro can give you 3.  Arrujo can give you 2 and Fry has an inning to give you.  Bleier has an inning he can give you. You basically have 111 innings there for 8 as we are on the road.  If we are winning that means most likely Cashner give you 4+.   If it goes extras I think you have Karns if need be and let Yac start and bring up someone to piggy back him.  They should have plenty of innings to cover this game as long as their are no injuries.   

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

I dont see any way he gives you 2 unless it is an injury.  I think he has to eat some innings he is the one veteran we have and he knows he is going to have to give you innings.  I think he stays in there for 4 no matter what unless it gets crazy like 10 runs.  You have him go for 4 worst case is 3.  Castro can give you 3.  Arrujo can give you 2 and Fry has an inning to give you.  Bleier has an inning he can give you. You basically have 111 innings there for 8 as we are on the road.  If we are winning that means most likely Cashner give you 4+.   If it goes extras I think you have Karns if need be and let Yac start and bring up someone to piggy back him.  They should have plenty of innings to cover this game as long as their are no injuries.   

11 innings not 111. 

Well, it seems to me that the last two days did a lot to get the bullpen in order, with the starters going 6.1 and 6 innings.   I think Fry is the only reliever who wouldn’t be available today.    Hyde has indicated he’ll use Yacabonis after Karns today.    We’ll see how deep into the game that takes us.   

Archived