Villar at SS/ Alberto at 2B had a good offensive night

wildcard

Just now, wildcard said:

I doubt they option a Rule 5 guy.  Mullins could be optioned.

They can't option a Rule 5 guy, they can only put him on waivers. I don't want to get tied up in particulars, I'm just saying that it's going to be harder to keep these guys as more complete ballplayers are brought up.

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

They can't option a Rule 5 guy, they can only put him on waivers. I don't want to get tied up in particulars, I'm just saying that it's going to be harder to keep these guys as more complete ballplayers are brought up.

A lot depends on how the players that are on the 25 roster now are playing.  If they are contributing and winning the guys in the minors have to wait.  If the team is losing then the guys in the minors will get spots.

16 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I'm talking about the outfielders, Hays, Santander, Stewart. They will need roster spots and at least one of the Rule 5 guys could be at risk.

Mancini Villar and Cashner trades will open up their slots. Bundy too if he pitches well. 

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

A lot depends on how the players that are on the 25 roster now are playing.  If they are contributing and winning the guys in the minors have to wait.  If the team is losing then the guys in the minors will get spots.

If the pitching turns out to be much better than expected, they will want to support it with players who can hit as well as field. Right now the entire offense consists of Smith, Villar and Mancini. That's fine if the pitching sucks and we're losing a ton of games, but good pitching will need to be supported to maintain the positive attitude.

Archived