I thought I'd miss the veterans... but...

Todd-O

2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Every time Ruiz makes a great stop to his right and then his throw to first is late, I can't help but think of Manny. 

Personally I’m glad Manny is gone. As far as Ruiz and the other young players on the team I’m for them. I don’t miss the veterans. And I sure won’t miss Davis when he is gone. 

4 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Personally I’m glad Manny is gone. As far as Ruiz and the other young players on the team I’m for them. I don’t miss the veterans. And I sure won’t miss Davis when he is gone. 

I miss Manny and I'm sorry we didn't extend him during his first year.

23 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I miss Manny and I'm sorry we didn't extend him during his first year.

They should have extended him. I don't know why they thought extending Chris Davis was important, but quibbled over millions for Manny. They should've overpaid for Manny. They should've locked down their next hall of famer. You overpay for hall of famers.

10 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

They should have extended him. I don't know why they thought extending Chris Davis was important, but quibbled over millions for Manny. They should've overpaid for Manny. They should've locked down their next hall of famer. You overpay for hall of famers.

I agree but it’s time to move on.   Just have to hope Elias recognizes the next opportunity to lock down a great player early.

21 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Speaking of vets,Joe Angel throwing out first pitch at Oriole home opener.

Dream coming true tomorrow??42 years of Major League broadcasting and NEVER threw the ceremonial first pitch. Now...I get OPENING DAY at Camden Yards!! What a treat...and privilege. Family flying in. Oriole family waiting?Throwing 98mph?...arriving 52. DONT BOUNCE IT?

https://twitter.com/WaveItByeBye/status/1113438390421032961

2 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Honestly such a costly mistake. I never even quite thought of it the way you just said it. Obviously the Nats did the same thing we did, maybe even less because they didn't even trade Bryce.

But man, how do you not prioritize Manny over Davis? Like you said, Manny could have been a nice bridge. Somebody to watch and enjoy and try to build around. Some really, really bad decisions from 2014 on. 

7 minutes ago, Bubble Buddy said:

Honestly such a costly mistake. I never even quite thought of it the way you just said it. Obviously the Nats did the same thing we did, maybe even less because they didn't even trade Bryce.

But man, how do you not prioritize Manny over Davis? Like you said, Manny could have been a nice bridge. Somebody to watch and enjoy and try to build around. Some really, really bad decisions from 2014 on. 

I think they saw Davis as attainable, Manny as unattainable. I don’t think they really understood the price to value ratio of the two players.   

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think they saw Davis as attainable, Manny as unattainable. I don’t think they really understood the price to value ratio of the two players.   

Agreed.

That all said, had they let Davis walked and somehow managed to work out an extension with Machado... and all other decisions the last five years remained the same...

We'd still be a team at the very beginning of a rebuild, with a long road to go, and people on here would be debating whether or not we should move Machado to help speed it up/facilitate it.

Archived