Dan Straily 2019

interloper

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

I'm guessing Straily will need to get stretched out an won't be ready for the rotation for a few weeks. 13 pitchers (including Wright) at least until then.

I would assume if  he is on the roster, he is stretched. 

Once Strailey is stretched out a bit, it should give the Orioles a re rotation of:

Cobb
Cashner
Bundy
Hess
Strailey

This does two things. It takes away the potential foolishness of starting Mike Wright, and gets rids of the opener thing that was causing the bullpen to be taxed heavily.

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

Wonder if we may have offered him a little more money than other teams because we need someone to eat some innings?

Doesn't sound like he got a lot. It was probably due to the fact that he'll get more chances here than anywhere else. If he can find a way to go 6 innings and give up less than 4 runs on most nights he will provide value to this team.

2 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Wonder why? 

I'm guessing that they have decided that they need another outfielder and weren't going to keep Jackson anyway.  With Nunez and Alberto backing up in the infield, I think they just felt more comfortable going forward with a true 4th outfielder, rather than Jackson.

Archived