The Silver Lining Report: Game 9/162 (O's lose 15-3)

interloper

I like a challenge.

• Hanser Alberto: Broke up the no-hitter, added an RBI single later in the game, and saved the bullpen by pitching the 9th inning. In a game like this, that qualifies as a pretty excellent performance.

• Jonathan Villar: Collected 2 of the 5 hits, including a 2B. Has looked pretty good in his couple of starts at SS, which is great in order to give Martin some mental breaks. Started a double play.

• Renato Núñez: The only other hit. Scored a run. 

• Walks: Mancini, Ruiz, and Sucre. 

• David Hess: All in all, not too bad of a performance. He's not going to pitch no-hitters every time out so 5 innings will work. Only allowed 5 hits. 

• Dan Straily: It's been awhile for him, I'm sure. Knocked the rust off and got his work in. Welcome aboard, Dan. 

• Mike Wright: The silver lining is that the end has to be pretty near. 

• Yankees: Still could only manage 1-1 on the season series thus far versus the lowly Orioles. Lol. See you in May, chuckleheads. 

• Athletics: In town for 4. Crucially, not the Yankees! That's nice. 

• Errors: 0, and as @wildcard noted, it's the fewest in the game. There have only been 2 total, I believe (Givens and Ruiz). 

• Things to watch for: Will Mullins get it going? Will Davis break the hitless streak for both PA and AB? How will Straily's second bullpen outing look? Does Karns get back on track?

I do appreciate this.

The silver lining is they moved a step closer. We know there will be stumbles and we know we will fall.  But we move forward.  The Yankees were more awake than the first time but there is not one person here who would not have signed up for a series split to open the season.  Cherish the good moments, because there will be lots of days where the silver lining is not found on the scoreboard.

2 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I do appreciate this.

The silver lining is they moved a step closer. We know there will be stumbles and we know we will fall.  But we move forward.  The Yankees were more awake than the first time but there is not one person here who would not have signed up for a series split to open the season.  Cherish the good moments, because there will be lots of days where the silver lining is not found on the scoreboard.

Indeed. The story pushes forward. There's a lot of decisions that will be made coming up and I'm interested to see if this squad can bounce back and - at least at times - look as good as they did in the first two series.

31 minutes ago, interloper said:

Indeed. The story pushes forward. There's a lot of decisions that will be made coming up and I'm interested to see if this squad can bounce back and - at least at times - look as good as they did in the first two series.

I like the fire of this bunch.  It reminds me of 2011.  Andino, et al.  I personally think the most important part of Hyde's job this year is to keep that fire burning.  I hope he can.

2 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

Silver lining?

1.  Cancorn got his pot roast

2.  tntoriole finished the sourdough bread

3.  I got most of the lawn raked. 

I can listen to the game tonite while I do my taxes. Pure enjoyment.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Was pretty good.

Mine was excellent...with some homemade chowder. 

Archived