Wotherspoon cleared waivers, assigned to AAA, roster at 39

interloper

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It was completely under the radar. The Norfolk Tides were the only ones to say anything about him clearing waivers, but that was it. 

Fascinating. 

It seems that Elias' version of the AAA shuttle so far will involve a 40-man roster spot rather than by using options.

Or perhaps we are acquiring or signing someone. @wildcard what does your roster 6th sense tell you?

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Fascinating. 

It seems that Elias' version of the AAA shuttle so far will involve a 40-man roster spot rather than by using options.

Or perhaps we are acquiring or signing someone. @wildcard what does your roster 6th sense tell you?

Craig Kimbrel come on down!  You're the next contestant on this dumpster fire of a season.

1 minute ago, orioles119 said:

Craig Kimbrel come on down!  You're the next contestant on this dumpster fire of a season.

Ha. That sure would be something. 

I was thinking Drew Jackson, but even then he would most likely get the Araujo treatment and be assigned to an affiliate and not need to be placed on the 40-man. 

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

Fascinating. 

It is fascinating, but it holds to the idea that moving guys up will have more to do with development, than opportunity.  I'm ok with that.  Make em earn it.

10 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Maybe somebody on DL, is coming of DL and needs a roster spot?

The only person on the IL that would need to be put back on the 40 is Trumbo.

Wynns is the only other player on the IL and when he comes off it, he would either need a 25 man spot, be optioned, or released/traded. 

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The only person on the IL that would need to be put back on the 40 is Trumbo.

Wynns is the only other player on the IL and when he comes off it, he would either need a 25 man spot, be optioned, or released/traded. 

Thanks

Guess I was wrong yet again.

My guess is they just thought this was a good time to get Wotherspoon through waivers, and that they don’t have any immediate plan for the 40th spot.  But surely an opportunity to grab someone off waivers will come along.    

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My guess is they just thought this was a good time to get Wotherspoon through waivers, and that they don’t have any immediate plan for the 40th spot.  But surely an opportunity to grab someone off waivers will come along.    

Maybe. Teams don't normally hang out with less than 40 for long though. Is there a rule that they have to get to 40? I'm not sure. 

Just now, interloper said:

Maybe. Teams don't normally hang out with less than 40 for long though. Is there a rule that they have to get to 40? I'm not sure. 

I’m pretty sure there’s no rule requiring that.    

Archived