Attendance 2019

Frobby

6 hours ago, Going Underground said:

8,374 today.Has to be the lowest 4 game series ever at Camden Yards. Did not break 9,000 in any game.

We don’t even need to look.   Until last year, the all time low attendance*  at a game was 9,219.    We just went under that 4 games in a row.    

* not counting the “0 game.”

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We don’t even need to look.   Until last year, the all time low attendance*  at a game was 9,219.    We just went under that 4 games in a row.    

The previous low was 9,129 on April 12, 2010.  (sorry, Dan Connolly, you were close)
https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL201004120.shtml

We had five games below that number last year, three in April, two in September.   Exactly one year ago, April 9-11 drew 26,954 for an average of 8,984.

Yeah, I looked anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

The previous low was 9,129 on April 12, 2010.  (sorry, Dan Connolly, you were close)
https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL201004120.shtml

We had five games below that number last year, three in April, two in September.   Exactly one year ago, April 9-11 drew 26,954 for an average of 8,984.

Yeah, I looked anyway.

Next time home is a weekend series against the Twins.Student night on Friday and Tote Bag on Saturday.No fireworks Friday,except for opponents homers till later in the year. The weekend is Easter and Passover, so not sure how many fans they will get and which ones pass over going.The three games during the week against the Whire Sox after the Twins should be another very low attended series.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 4:20 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Tickets should come with an all you can drink pass and free uber home. The people going to these games are crazy. 

Why? Because they want to support the O’s no matter what? Im a fan and support the team. Win or lose. 

3 hours ago, O's are Legends said:

Really O's.. I went to get club level tickets for me and my brother for today's double dip and nearly all lower level and club level seats went up as the page refreshed. The game is at 20% capacity right now. O's should be doing whatever they can to get people in the seats, not the opposite.

I also noticed on Stubhb that prices are much higher than last year (pretty sure teams sell tickets directly through SH). Cheapest seats right now are $44 with fees on SH, yet the Orioles are selling tickets as low as 15 and there appears to be thousands of seats available today.

Upper deck tickets this year should be no more than 5 or 10 bucks.

Was at the game last night. 

On the club level starting in the left field corner and all the way around to where the seats end the skyboxes were all empty. Lights off, no one in them. I do not recall ever seeing that before. I know it is Easter weekend but it was a Saturday night. 

Crowd peaked around end of first game. Maybe with DH people came at all different times. 

23 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Was at the game last night. 

On the club level starting in the left field corner and all the way around to where the seats end the skyboxes were all empty. Lights off, no one in them. I do not recall ever seeing that before. I know it is Easter weekend but it was a Saturday night. 

Crowd peaked around end of first game. Maybe with DH people came at all different times. 

Yeah, I think that’s what happens.   There probably weren’t 5,000 people there at the end of the first inning of Game 1, when I arrived.   I’m sure there was never a time when there were 28,000 present, but over the course of the two games maybe they did.    

On 4/11/2019 at 9:24 PM, Frobby said:

And that’s paid. We were watching yesterday with friends for a bit and couldn’t believe on such a nice day how few people were there. Portland Orioles? I seriously doubt Angelos would ever move the team but not impossible.

1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

And that’s paid. We were watching yesterday with friends for a bit and couldn’t believe on such a nice day how few people were there. Portland Orioles? I seriously doubt Angelos would ever move the team but not impossible.

Charlotte is a beautiful city from what I hear and they won’t need to travel as far.

• Haha 1