Now Cobb is injured again

Frobby

44 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

Anybody but Wright. Anybody.

I would like to see an at bat match up somewhere/somehow where Wright pitched to Davis - would be quite interesting to see who loses that battle! One of them has to! 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

So weird how this mirrors my OOPT simulation for this year. I had to put Cobb on the DL no less than 4 times.

Yup same, herniated disk was out 6 weeks, then he had a mild calf strain and was out for 6 days, then he had a sore thumb. I ended up trading him to the Dodgers for Rich Hill, where he got injured 3 more times starting for the Dodgers

37 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I am being serious, will Cobb go down to the minors if he has to rehab for a start or two? He didn't want to use minor league balls last year. 

If you are on rehab you can use major league balls.  He couldn’t last year because he wasn’t on a rehab assignment if he went to minors.

3 hours ago, theocean said:

Not asking him to bring in top talent. But with how Free Agency went this offseason, I think the O's could have found a way to put together a few pennies to get a James Shields type guy who is historically durable and throws innings. I doubt that would have cost much more than what they're paying injury-prone Nate Karns to sit on the IL.

They chose not to spend that money. Not for top tier. Not for middle tier, not for speculative bottom tier. 

7 hours ago, theocean said:

Not asking him to bring in top talent. But with how Free Agency went this offseason, I think the O's could have found a way to put together a few pennies to get a James Shields type guy who is historically durable and throws innings. I doubt that would have cost much more than what they're paying injury-prone Nate Karns to sit on the IL.

You may have a point. I don’t know.  It’s a shame Karns is hurt again. 

7 hours ago, Satyr3206 said:

I have a sneaking feeling we're going to see a fair amount of the kids this year, whether they want to bring them up or not.

Maybe that’s the way it should be. This team is not going anywhere. Play the kids. 

Archived